The Loss of Sarah

I'm not working on my other story anymore because a few things started happening in my life and I stopped writing but here's one I'm working on slowly so please be patient with me.

The Loss of Sarah

I sit in the living room, on the very edge of my couch so I don't get my black dress wrinkled because I know Sarah would hate that. I know she'd complain that I got all dirty and my dress looked like I had just thrown it on. So today I sit up straight and my hair lays perfectly on my shoulders just to please her.

The last memory I have of her is of us sitting on her bedroom floor.

"He told me he hated me Sarah, My own father!" I cried, "Jess' you know he doesn't mean it. Things will get better I promise you" She had looked at me with so much concern, such kindness. I always complained about my life. Always. I never once asked about hers. She always seemed so happy. I try not to think about that as I sit and watch the clock tick slowly on my wall. "Jessica, Its time. You're fathers here" My mother stood at the door as she spoke quietly. She looked sad and I knew she was but I hated her for smiling.

I could smell Sarah's strawberry perfume. Her favorite. I blinked away the tears as I stood by the coffin looking down at my best friends pale face hoping I'd wake from this nightmare, but I wouldn't be waking up in my bed thanking God that it was only a dream because it wasn't. Tears started rolling down my face.

So. What do you think so far?

- S-Garciaa

*Im not working on this one anymore. It's starting to seem like no one likes it.

I'm going to stick to writing for myself from now on. So this is me saying bye to Wattpad.