Shards to the Past

Start from the beginning

A smile grew on his upon the thought of Draco and his tendency to be a prat, as he passed a strangely dressed woman sporting a feathery hat with a a bird, and in contrast a tan pencil skirt and blue blouse. Now Harry didn't know much about fashion, but this woman clearly didn't have any. 

He passed her with the temptation to laugh on how Draco would have completely dragged her appearance, and immediately start with a lesson on how to dress. Another thought invaded his last one. With Gypso, their clothes would undoubtedly be covered in cat fur. He added a lint roller on his list.

Maybe some cat toys too...

//

"You have a thing for unruly pests don't you? Considering you've got another one,"Pansy snorted, while she pulled on a piece of string Gypso was playing with. 

Blaise looked at her."Who's the other?"

"Well Potter of course!" she let out a high pitched laugh, while Draco rolled his eyes. 

"Hilarious,"he said, reaching for the salt, then realizing it was empty. He sighed,"You know, I'd have thought we'd have enough salt, what with you here now."

He and Blaise laughed, and it was Pansy's turn to roll her eyes. 

Blaise found his breath again."So, you two are alright then?"

"Well yes,"Draco replied,"Why not?"

Pansy swallowed some of her curry."Well, you know you two tend to butt heads quite a lot."

"And well..."Blaise's expression turned nervous."Wasn't your father against it?"

There was a dramatic silence, of which Pansy and Blaise were practically holding their breaths. 

Draco took a sharp intake of his own breath, then released it slowly."He was. I'm sure you're very well aware that he would have preferred me to be with a woman. Specifically of money and a pure-blood family."

"But?"Pansy asked carefully. 

A small smile appeared on Draco's face."Harry. He said some things, and so my father let it happen. He wasn't happy it, nor did he dare think it would last, mind you. I think he was just planning on talking to me, and persuade me to come to my senses."

"And did he bring it up?"

Draco nodded."He didn't full out talk to me about the whole thing, but every now and then would throw some things casually into the conversation about dismissing Harry,"he bit his lip,"More than once he even dared to say something right in front of him. As if he wasn't even there."

Pansy paused."Did Harry...?"

"No, he never said anything about it. Not even when it was just us two,"he sighed,"I knew it bothered him though, I could see it in his eyes. Yet...he never did or said anything."

"What about your mum?" Blaise queried. 

"She didn't care as long as I was happy. Granted, she didn't like Harry much at the beginning, but I would notice she and Harry would go off into the garden sometimes. I think that was her way of 'testing' him,"he shuddered,"I caught her showing him a baby picture once."

Pansy snorted."Was it the one with you-"

"No, I was not naked thank you very much,"Draco snapped, his pale face turning a shade of deep pink.

Blaise joined Pansy's laughter.

Draco crossed his arms."Alright! That's enough laughing."

His friends sighed, wiping tears off their eyes.