III

I HAVE BAD DREAMS

I hate dreams. All demigods have them, and they are often, very vivid. They also sometimes can predict bad things coming. Dreams are rarely pleasant when your a daughter of Thanatos, the Greek god of death.

This time, I was standing in a large cavern. Everything around me was dark and filled with shadows. I couldn't just see them, I could feel them. They were pressing on around me, fill my thoughts and emotions with dread. Nothing made sense in this place. My thoughts were jumbled and I couldn't think straight.

I stumbled and fell onto the rocky, hard dirt. I glanced up, and I saw these strange metallic birds circling around me in the sky. No one told me, I just knew. They were hunting me. They were flying around me like I was a mouse, and they were a group of eagles.

I could feel someone's eyes boring into the back of my neck, and I turned around. I was not ready for what I saw. My father, standing with his hooded robe flowing around him. I tried to see his face, but the shadows were too strong. His wings emitted a dark light as they flapped lightly, as if they wanted to get away from him but weren't strong enough.

I shivered, all though I was anything but cold. This place was too much for me to handle. I was breaking. I closed my eyes and counted down from ten. This calmed me down. I could almost feel my mothers ghost beside me, urging me to be strong. She was the only one I had trusted, and she was gone.

"10,"

"9,"

"8,"

I continued all the way to zero and reopened my eyes. I took some deep breaths. The shadows weren't pressing onto me as hard now. I had space and freedom to move around. I silently thanked my mother for teaching me that trick to control my emotions. I glanced back up at where my father had been standing, but he was no longer there.

I was puzzled. His disappearance reminded me of when I saw him in the ally before I passed out, and I was about to die. I guessed he had the same reasoning now.

HEYO! I'm not done this chapter I just wanted to give you guys a taste of what's coming next!