Twelve: Her past

Rose P.O.V

I was just laying my head on Dan's shoulder, currently taking in everything I just heard about his past, and about him... Should I tell him about my past too? Hm maybe I should, he literally just told me about his personal past and I feel like I should pay him back... I looked up at him.

"So do you want to know about my past?" His ears went up and he looked at me. "R-Rose you don't have to, I mean if you want to then okay but I wanna make sure you're completely okay with talking about it..." I smiled at him. "I feel like I should tell you, since you just told me about yours. Besides, I want to become closer with you Dan..." I felt my face heat up and I could see his cheeks turn a pale pink color.

"O-Okay, only if you want to." He kept his eyes locked with mine.

"Let's go back to when I was first born into the world. My mom and Dad were looking at me in awe, it was the only nice thing I could remember of my dad. There were a few but that was really the only one I can vividly remember... They decided to name me Rose, well uhm... Roselyn actually... That's my real name..." Dan looked at me, I was looking down, "That's a beautiful name. Why don't you use it?" I looked up and to Dan. "It reminds me of my mother... She used to call me it all the time..."

"Used to..?" I heard Dan say. I looked back down. "Years passed, I had the perfect life. My parents were so happy... I grew up fast and time just flew by. School started for me, I was around the age of 6, I got bullied a little bit but it wasn't bad, I had a lot of friends to help me through my rough times. When I got home from school, I heard yelling in my house, I started to get scared and start shaking, out of my young curiosity I decided to walk inside and I see my mom being attacked... The man looked over at me and my mom screamed for me to run and get daddy... I couldn't do anything, I just stood there... I was in total fear... The man started walking over to me, I started backing up, without realizing, I was against a wall, unable to move. He started getting closer to me, I backed down against the wall. Then my mom ran over and shoved the man against the counter and she picked me up and took me outside of the house, and ran, as fast as she could. I just clung onto her for dear life. I saw her bring out her phone and she called dad... She said that Daddy will be here in a few minutes... My mom looked behind and she sped up... It was until we got near my Dad's workplace. We were trying as hard as we could to get away from the man, my mom slowed down.. I assumed we were safe... That was until I suddenly got thrown down to the ground and my mom fell with. The man started to approached me again but this time, he had black strings and I saw them coming towards me. My mom looked over to me and jumped in front of me hitting the black strings at me, but there was something different about her...

Her eyes were red, like mine would be whenever I was mad... The man growled at her, then my mom suddenly had this white glow... I saw my dad in the distance running towards us. I looked back to my mom, and I saw a white flash consuming both the man and my mom, and then they just vanished... into a white cloud. My dad got to me right as it happened and he picked me up into his arms, I kept grabbing out to the spot where they vanished... I screamed out mom, I was crying... My mom was gone..." I started getting choked up, and tears started to stream down my face... Dan pulled me close to him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"You don't have to say anymore Rose... This is hard for you to talk about... Especially with what happened, you don't have to say anymore about your past... It's alright, I know enough." I looked up at him, I smiled with another tear coming out, he brought his hand to my face and wiped it away with his thumb. I closed my eyes softly and felt my cheeks burn.

"Thank you for being the person in my life who listens to all of my problems and cares about what I have to say Dan." I smiled up at him. He looked at me with a soft smile and soft eyes.

"And thank you for being the girl who lit up my life, Roselyn." I giggled and smiled, then we just hugged again.

I love him...

<><><><><><><><>

Looks like we found out about Rose's past, now they both know more about each other, and seem to have gotten closer to each other, but there was something off.

Where did Rose's mother go? And we now know why that moment on the day that they first met was so traumatizing for Rose, the same black strings came from the same man that ruined her family. Maybe her mother is still alive, who knows?

See you lovelies in Chapter Thirteen! Where things start to take a turn for the group...