Chapter Twenty-Two.

Start from the beginning

            I didn’t hear her respond for a couple of moments, all she could do was let out a deep breath and sit down next to me on her bed. Her hair was a complete disaster and she was wearing a pair of sweatpants with a white worn down t-shirt. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her bum it this much in all of the years I’ve been friends with her.

            “How long have you been dating for? How long has this been going on?”

            “Three months. The day of the dance was when we started dating I guess you could say.”

            “Holy shit.” She laughed, catching me completely off guard. I never thought that she would be acting like this. “I can’t believe I didn’t catch on sooner. I mean, I thought I was right at first but man you know how to lie. You really had me convinced.”

            “Well I’ve always been a good liar.”

            Nudging her with my elbow, I gave her a small smile and looked down at my hands again. I thought she would be so angry at me that she’d make me leave but instead she was doing the complete opposite. I’m not complaining though.

            “I just wish I had known this before I broke up with him. He probably isn’t even thinking twice about me though. I’m guessing he’s already got someone new?”
            “Kylie are you kidding?” Giving her a look of disbelief, I shook my head and looked up towards the ceiling. “Let’s just say you’ve affected my brother in more ways than one. The moment you call him he’s going to take you back in a heartbeat. Okay?”

            “But my reasoning for breaking up with him was so stupid. He probably thinks I’m an idiot and that I don’t even care about him.”

            “He knows about Justin and I so he didn’t believe your reasoning anyways. He knew what I said was a lie.”

            “Wait he knew and I didn’t?”

            The look on her face was kind of hurt and I don’t blame her because after all, she was my best friend, and the fact that Brandon found out before her probably wasn’t settling well with her at all. Not to mention the fact that Brandon had managed to not tell her so she probably felt betrayed by him too as well.

            “I’m so sorry Kylie but he figured it out himself. He kind of caught us. I know what I’ve done is wrong but I promise I’m going to fix it. I just had to come here and make things right before I go talk to Justin. I’m going to end things so we can all just get back to normal, okay? I just want the drama and the fighting to be over with.”
            Standing up from the bed, I straightened out the dress I had on and brushed my hair over to one side. Not an ounce of me wants to do this but I know eventually I’m going to have to because there’s no way in hell it can continue.

            “Alyssa.” She whispered, turning me around to face her. “You don’t have to break up with him. I can keep this a secret I promise.”

            “That’s the thing.” I replied as the tears started to form in my eyes. “I don’t want it to be a secret. I can’t keep living like this on edge wondering if my parents are around the corner or if at any second someone will see us in the hallway and it get out and go back to my parents somehow. I was stupid in the first place to even start this when I knew it would never be able to work out. We will never be able to make ourselves official to everyone because my parents wouldn’t approve. It just sucks but it’s just the way it is.”

            I tried so hard to not cry but it was impossible. The look on his face was going to be excruciating and no matter what I couldn’t get it to leave my memory. My heart was going to explode into a million tiny little pieces but this is just what needed to happen.