3: Quirk assessements

Start from the beginning

"Nice job (Y/N)! You sure fooled me and the entirety of the class!" Mirio said as he patted my back.

"Yeah, that was nice." Amajiki added with a small smile looking up at you a little.

"Your quirk is awesome! It would be great for pranks too!" Nejire said excitedly. The thought of using it as a prank surprisingly never came to your mind.

"Next up, Nejire, come on up." When she heard her name, she bounced her way over. How could she be so confident? He hands her over a ball and she gets into place. Then, with one jerk of her arm, she throws and uses her quirk to push it. It looked like a very big and powerful energy wave that came out of her hand. 'Ah, she has some type of wave quirk.' You thought as you looked at her with an amazed face as she  looked back at you.

"883 meters. Well done." The teacher said.

"Wow! I've never seen a quirk like that Nejire! You're amazing!" I said as she came running back to the three of us.

"Thanks! I've been working very hard on it lately." She proudly said.

"That was almost 100 meters more than last year! Such great improvement!" Mirio said as he ruffled her hair and laughed.

"I'll never do as good." Said Amajiki in a low and sad voice. Why was he so doubtful of himself?

"Don't say that! I'm sure you will have one of the best throws out of everyone in the entire country!" I said with as much positivity in my voice as I could. I really didn't like seeing him put himself down. It would be great to know why did he always do that.

"Oh.. thanks." Instead of looking down, he steadily rose his head and caught your eyes as he said that. It made you feel a little warm for some reason. A sensation of heat quickly came over your face.

"Y-Yeah! No need to mention!" You nervously said as you swiftly hid your face. 'What's wrong to me? Did he just look... cute?' He also turned to face away from you, hiding his face. Surprisingly, no one else noticed.

"Togata, your next." And with that, Mirio headed over to the pitching spot. He grabbed the ball and then in a split second before he threw the ball, it halfway phased through his hand...?! Using his strength combined with the ball halfway I side his hand, he launched it. It was too much to comprehend in such a short amount of time, so you were left speechless.

"Togata, 891 meters."As Mirio came over, you had endless questions in my head ready to be asked. 

"First of all, congrats! That was awesome!" You blurted out and got ready to ask away.

"Second of all, what was that? How did the ball go through your hand? What's your quirk? How did the ball go that far?" Before you could ask more, he cut you off with a laugh.

"My quirk is called Permeation and it allows me to phase through things. This also allows me to phase parts of my body by choice, so I allowed the ball to go through just half of my hand, then turned it back to solid, so it would fling forward. Neat, right?" He explained like it was no big deal. Pretty impressive.

"That quirk is way cooler than mine! No fair" You said sarcastically with a pout.

"Amajiki, your turn." As soon as the teacher said that, you noticed a nervous Amajiki trembling his way over to the respected spot.