Devine interference

Zacznij od początku

"Miss Emilia, you look a little better." he said smiling. "There's even a bit colour on you cheeks."

That was just from embarrassment, and the comment about it just made it worse. "I'm much better." I avoided his eyes and sat down next to him.

"Liar." he chuckled.

I glared at him. "Everybody thought I was dead after the battle and this is a little better." I was gripping straws to justify my mood. "Are your mother and you all okay? Please tell me what happened."

He told me a little of what had happened with a few shorter intermissions when the waitress came and served us. She was checking him out like he was some rock star and I had to work hard not to roll my eyes. I bet he would scowl me for my manners and I didn't want that.

"So all of you are okay?" I tried to get back on track anxious to hear.

"Yes, we are all okay; mother and Rebekah is travelling around, trying to work out their differences and Klaus is on Katherine's track. I liked that girl from the first time I met her, but this incident of her posing as Elena just to trick Stefan, was a real blow under the belt. I left the two of them to their own devices." He took another slurp from his coffee. "Even Rebekah speaks highly of you." His eyes got that flirty glitter again.

Wow!

"She really loathed me for taking Damon away."

"Yeah well, she's been in a coffin for the last ninety years; that can take a strain on somebody's mood."

I smiled at him while the girl came with a coffee refill for us.

"Thank you, Sarah." He said sweetly and got a wide smile in reply.

I chuckled a bit when we were alone again. "Does everybody get smitten by you?" I asked. "I mean you have half of the class drooling over you; and that includes some of the boys as well."

He chuckled. "No I scare the shit out of a few as well." He had this sweet smile.

"And that's what got you into teaching?" I nodded thoughtfully. "Don't you think you're a bit over qualified as a history-teacher?"

He chuckled. "Wouldn't you rather listen to somebody that knows what in the history books is correct and what isn't?"

I laughed and really wanted to hear his arguments in class; what he based his statements on. That could be a fun discussion, couldn't it?

It was dark and chilly when I got off the bus and I told myself that perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to get off at the early stop, just for the extra walk. The campus felt deserted on this Tuesday evening but my mind was still on Elijah and Klaus during the time when they first met Katherine. What was she like when she was human? What was her family like? Did she have a boyfriend or was it customary with arranged marriages at the time?

I was deep in thoughts when I suddenly got a feeling that I was being followed. All thoughts about Elijah were abruptly wiped away and I looked around. It wasn't that tingling sensation I got when Damon was around, this felt different. I picked up the pace.

My heart was beating faster as I went trough who and why anyone would be following me, and I cursed myself for getting off the bus in the wrong side of campus. A cawing in a nearby tree almost made me jump, and when I heard rustling in the bushes, I ran. Who could it be? Perhaps one of the hunters that got away from the fight had found me.

I passed the yellow pole with a phone and the word; HELP written on it; and thought about what the campus police could do about this kind of pursuit?