I

I TRIP OVER MY OWN SHOELACES

I could hear them snarling, their hot breath moist at my ankles as I ran into the ally. I was surrounded by buildings. I was breathing hard, and I didn't know how much longer I could keep this up. They had been chasing me for the past three days. I had managed to escape from them the last time, but this time was different. I was wounded and tired. I could feel the blood dripping down my pant leg from where the creature had bitten me yesterday. The wound smelt sour and my head was groggy. I hadn't had time to clean it. It was hard to, while I was running.

I backed up slowly and tripped over a couple of boxes lying in the corner. It was a small area, about seven feet across, and only ten feet back from the entrance. The walls went high, and there was nothing I could use to climb over them.

I winced as I got up. There were three of them, drooling and growling at me with their dog like mouths. I had never met any creature like them before. I was used to weird things, monsters and what not, but I had never fought these things. I would've remembered them.

They crept closer, getting braver and braver with every step of their weird, yet powerful legs. I had seen them jump seven feet into the air when I had scaled a fence. There was no stopping these things, and unlike last time, I was on my own.

I wish that I had accepted the strange girls help. The streets were rough, and I could have used another demigod for company. 

Yes, I know, 'How cool! That sounds awesome! Can I be a demigod?' The answer is no. Unless you want monsters like these things chasing you at all times, I suggest you stay away from me. 

That girl, I think she called herself Nat, she had been a demigod too. We hadn't told each other about our strange mythological parentage, we could just tell. Demigods are weird like that. She had been powerful, as was I.

But even my sword couldn't take these creatures. They were made to kill me. No one else, just me. The monsters glared at me, as if to say don't run away before we get to eat you!

I tried to meet their gaze but I tripped backwards again, over my own shoelace! This time, I didn't get back up. My run was over. I had lived pretty long for a demigod, 17 was a nice age when your the child of Death.

I started to accept the fact that I would die. I felt awfully calm for someone who was surrounded by slobbering monsters.

I was just about to pull out my sword and take one of these things to Hades with me when I saw a shadowy cloud forming behind me. I thought I could see a man holding a tablet shaking his head at me. Was that my father? The strange man pointed a finger at the beasts, then drew it back to his mouth as if telling them to be quiet. As soon as he made that gesture, the creatures dissolved into a strange golden dust. 

I was still lying down, and  didn't think I could get up. With my leg, and the fact that I was in shock, I wasn't going anywhere.

The man, did he have wings? It looked like he waved as he disappeared, but my vision was clouded and full of black spots so I couldn't be sure. And, being the incredible hero that I was, passed out.

Yo my dudes! I hope you like the first chapter of my very special book. My paragraphing sucks, so sorry. Please vote and comment! Peace, AlexFierroLover <3