Chapter IX.

| Welcome To The Party |

Ny'Asia Sumia Moore | Ny'

It was the middle of August and I sat on my steps, texting Kiera about the situation with Snoop. It's been damn near two months since I seen him, and sending letters back and forth was getting old. I missed him, and I needed him. I fixed the laces on my Air Jordan 11 Retro Low "Infrared 23s" . It was the middle of August, and surprisingly, he still hadn't seen the judge so only God knew how long he had before he would come home. I sighed and looked at my lockscreen. It was a picture of us from the day after his birthday. I looked up to see a shirtless Amari standing right in front of me. Not this ass-hole again... I mumbled under my breath. His ugly ass annoys me on a daily basis. It had been damn near two, going three weeks since I had talked to Wynter. One would think that in a time of need your "best friend" would be there for you. It's funny how Kiera, Chanell, and Amari were there for me but not the person I called my best friend. Amari sat his light skin ass down next to me, and patted me on the back as tears formed in my eyes. Before I knew it, tears were practically pouring out of my eyes and Amari was hugging me. I sniffled and began to get myself together. "You want some pizza, Ny?" Amari's stepmom asked me, as she came to the screen door.

I nodded, and walked in the house with Amari. I sat in the living room, eating my slice of pepperoni pizza from Little Caesars while Amari scrolled through the TV channels. I looked down at the caller ID and saw that it read "Munchkin.❤️". I swiped over and accepted the call. Only one person's name was Munchkin in my phone. "Hey Chanell." I said blandly.

"Why so bland, Sugarplums? You okay?" She asked me.

"Mhm." I lied.

"Lies bitch, lies. Now what's wrong?"

"I miss my baby...that's all."

"Aw, poor you. Whatcha doing this weekend?" She asked curiously.

"Nothing. Sitting home alone, like a loner."

"You should come with me to this party.. it's up Cheltenham on Friday around 8."

"You're just telling me this and the party's tomorrow?"

"Mhm, so are you coming....."

I was about to respond when she clicked her tongue and said "Or nah?"

"I'll go, just know I'm spending the night with you afterwards." We ended the conversation soon after that, and I laid my head on Amari as I watched tv with him.

About half an hour later, I left and asked my mom if I could go with Chanell on Friday. Of course, she said yes.

Before I knew it, Friday was here.
It was 6:45 pm, and I had just got out of the shower. I walked into my room, looking for something to wear. After about 20 minutes of searching for something to wear, I finally found an outfit. I threw on a grey sundress, my metallic, double strap sandals, and a long necklace to top it off. I grabbed my silver Chanel studs out of the box and put them on. I walked over to my full body mirror, looked at my outfit and brushed my hair. I grabbed my mascara off of my dresser and appiled it to my eyelashes. I looked at myself in the mirror one more time before I was finally pleased with my entire outfit. I checked the time on my phone, it read 8:16pm and in that same exact moment, Chanell called me telling me to come outside. I ran downstairs with my small, black crossbody bag that held my phone, keys, perfume, money and transpass in it. I dashed out of the door, and seen Chanell sitting on my steps. She was wearing a basic black spaghetti strap - tank top, black leggings and her Jordan Gamma Blue 12s. Her outfit was basic, yet cute. She wore her hair in a long, slicked back ponytail with large silver hooped earrings and her edges were laid. On the way to the bus stop, I recieved at text from Wynter, telling me that a very close relative had passed away that's why she hadn't talked to me in nearly two weeks. We arrived at the party around 9, and I can tell it was just starting to get turnt. My long, sandy brown hair swayed back and forth as I walked through the party with Chanell. The crowd looked slightly older than me, everyone here had to be anywhere from 16 to 18 years old, and maybe, just maybe 19. I stood over in a corner, swaying my hips to Hold Yuh by Gyptian ft. Nicki Minaj. I rocked my hips back and forth to the beat, as music blasted through the speakers in the hot, crowded basement. Just then, a boy touched my arm and asked me to dance. I analyzed how he looked. He was brownskin, slightly taller than me, had waves for days, and a nice smile. I nodded in agreement, and analyzed him a little more as he held my hips while I rocked them back and forth. He wore a white shirt that had Tupac Shakur on the front and read "Trust Nobody" with a plain pair of jeans and a fresh pair of Jordan Carmine 6s. I can't lie, he was attractive but he just wasn't right for me, plus I already had a boyfriend. By the time 10 o'clock came around, there was a group of niggas surrounding me, and begging me to let me twerk on them. I denied them all, I wasn't being picky, I just didn't wanna twerk on niggas that "weren't my cup of tea" as my mother would say. A few minutes later, the DJ played Fight Night by Migos.