You receive a text that is a riddle

"Shush you guys, Diana got a text!" a girl shouted.

A collection of ooo's came from the hoard of girls at Diana's sleepover.

"Oh shut up it's just a weird text from a random number, it is probably spam," Diana said trying to silence her friends.

A chant of "Read it!" came up and Diana obliged.

"Okay, okay, fine! It says "A spirited jig it dances bright banishing all but darkest night. Give it food and it will live; give it water and it will die. "

"Sounds like a stupid prank or something to me," Amelia said a little bored.

"Text it back asking who is it!" Anna shouted happily and ignoring Amelia.

"I already did! They just texted the riddle again." Diana replied annoyed.

"Let's just figure it out, guys! It'll be fun! Come on!" A girl named Aubrey piped up.

They split up into a few groups to see who could solve it first.

They all had a good time, and thankfully nobody else was in the house so they could be as loud as possible.

10 minutes went by and Diana's group shouted out 'Fire'!

All the girls huddled around Diana as they texted the random number.

"Guys, why are we even texting them back? Isn't it a little weird?" said Amelia.

Everyone just ignored Amelia and waited for a response.

"Shhh, shut up guys let me read the reply!" Diana shouted.

"Okay wait. What?" Diana sounded confused.

"Omg! Diana just read it!" said Ana.

"Yeah uhh, it says 'Correct. Good job girls. Record timing compared to the others. One last riddle my dears.'"

A chorus of perplexed girls started overlapping. 

"SHUT UP!" Aubrey shouted.

"Wait there is another reply. 'Is something different?'" Diana again said much quieter this time.

"How the hell do they know that we are girls. And that there are multiple of us?!" Anna sounded worried.

"Wait what is different guys?" Aubrey whispered.

They talked about it but the only thing that was different was that it was a little warmer.

"Okay I texted back that it was a little bit warmer," Diana announced to the group.

Finally, another text came in.

Correct again. You have definitely been the most successful group. But not quick enough I'm afraid.

Do you feel the heat seeping through the walls yet? Do you see the light shining in the hallway yet? Do you smell the smoke yet? If not, you will soon. Goodbye my dears, have a lovely night. I know I've had a great one.