"No, hey," Kurt says sadly. "That's not taking off your shirt."

"I need to shower," Blaine says, shrugging and blushing faintly.

"You smell fine," Kurt says, sitting up and tugging at the cuff of Blaine's shirt. "Delightful, even."

"I just have to," Blaine says, staring at his feet and shuffling them nervously. Anxious and embarrassed is not a look Kurt is used to seeing on Blaine.

"Is this some kind of secret OCD thing?" Kurt asks, narrowing his eyes. "Because I've noticed you're really particular about organizing your desk. It's okay, you can tell me if it is."

"It's not some-- oh, fine," Blaine says, rolling his eyes and dropping to sit on the bed beside Kurt. "It's my hair," he says. "By the end of the day, my gel has gone past firm hold and ventured into the realm of hair helmet, and it's really uncomfortable to sleep on."

"I've told you before, Blaine. Size of a dime, that's all you need," Kurt sighs. They've had this conversation so many times.

"Yeah, well, just you wait," Blaine says, flushing again. "Once I'm out of the shower you'll see why my gel needs are more size of a basketball."

"That sounds vaguely ominous," Kurt says, grinning and leaning against Blaine's side. "I'm intrigued."

"Oh god," Blaine says. "I have a feeling this is going to end horribly. Maybe I should risk it and try to sneak into my dorm after all."

"Nope, now I'm curious," Kurt says. "You have to follow through. You're just lucky I got this en suite single so you don't have to sneak down the hall and try to shower without waking anyone up."

"You really scored," Blaine says sadly. "I should have transferred in the middle of a semester too. Sometimes I can't remember life before I had to deal with another person's dirty socks all over my room."

"Boys are disgusting," Kurt says, wrinkling his nose at the memory of his brief co-habitation with Finn. "It's a good thing we're both awesome."

"Indeed," Blaine says in an exaggerated British accent.

"Go shower," Kurt says, laughing and smacking his shoulder.

"Um, about that," Blaine says, hesitating for a second. "Can I borrow something to sleep in? I really don't think I can actually sleep in Dockers and a button down." Kurt's so distracted by the warm, tight feeling in his stomach at the thought of Blaine in his clothes that it takes him a second to answer.

"Yeah," he says, clearing his throat when his voice comes out kind of ragged. "But," he says as he walks to his closet and tosses a towel, a pair of sweatpants, and a grey v-neck at Blaine, "if you ever tell anyone that I don't sleep in pressed silk pajamas, I'll have to kill you. I have a reputation to uphold, you know."

"Your poly-cotton blend secrets are safe with me," Blaine says, smiling at him all warm and fond in a way that makes Kurt's breath get caught in his throat. "C'mere," he says, reaching out a hand for Kurt and pulling him close. "You should get ready for bed while I shower," Blaine says quietly, tilting his head up to kiss Kurt slow and deep.

"Yeah," Kurt says a little dazedly when Blaine pulls back and gathers up the clothes and towel, leaning down to grab his bag as well. "Yeah, I'll do that." Kurt blinks a little until he can think about something that's not Blaine's lips. Blaine smirks at Kurt over his shoulder and then turns the corner into the bathroom. Kurt's sort of stuck in place until he hears the water turn on, and then he flushes and walks over to his closet, pulling out clothes for himself and not thinking about how Blaine is wet and naked right now. Not even a little bit.