Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Niall's POV

"She's a good-looking girl, eh, Nialler?" Louis teased me as I put on a new shirt.

"Oh, shut up," I muttered.

"I saw you two talking when time was up. You seemed really into her. Is there something--"

"No!" I said loudly. "There's nothing going on. She's just a fan, and I was her favorite. Of course I wanted her to feel special."

In all honesty, I had no idea if Desirah's favorite member was me. It could be anyone else in the band. But then again, maybe I was her favorite. I had a one-fifth chance.

"Oi, hurry up!" Zayn shouted at us. "I'm tired and I want to go back to the hotel!"

"See what you have to put up with?" I smirked at Liam.

"It'll be worth it," he retorted. "You're stuck with Paul. He snores like an artillery machine."

I rolled my eyes and bent down to start tying my shoes. There was one advantage to having Paul as my roommate: I could call Desirah late and not get yelled at to go to sleep, which Zayn was fond of doing. I was looking forward to calling her tonight.

"Alright, I'm ready!" I declared, jumping up into a standing position.

"Good for you," Harry said, combing his fingers through his hair. "I feel disgusting. I can't wait to take a decent shower."

"Only to wake up at five in the morning to exercise like crazy," I reminded him.

"It's worth it. I'm freaking sexy."

"So am I, and I don't even try!" I crowed.

"Says the guy who doesn't have a girlfriend," Louis snickered.

"I will punch your lights out," I threatened him.

"Hey, no punching or any form of abuse allowed in the dressing room!" Paul shouted from the outside.

"Does pinching count?" Louis asked.

"What did I just say, Louis?"

"This is nuts," Liam sighed. "Let's just go already!"

We all stampeded out of the dressing room and followed Paul out of the stadium. I paused for a second or two, letting the cool wind caress my face. It felt great.

"Hurry up, Niall!" Harry shouted somewhere ahead of me.

"I'm coming!" I retorted, racing after his voice.

We arrived at the tour bus, and I boarded after Liam. Harry immediately collapsed on the couch and threw an arm over his closed eyes. Zayn disappeared into a bunk, and Liam trailed after him. Louis sat on Harry's stomach. He turned on the TV. I sat on the floor, at the foot of the couch.

"I would like to do that someday," Louis said thoughtfully.

I looked up at the TV screen curiously. The show "Survivor" was on. They were in the middle of a difficult-looking challenge. Since we were in America, we could only watch the American shows. None of the good shows were on.

I snorted. "Oh, please. You wouldn't last one day out there."

"I could too," Louis argued. "I would be the best Survivor out there!"

"You would be the first one they voted off, because you'd be super rich. What do you want with a million dollars, anyway?"

"It's not about the money. I just want the experience."