Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Niall's POV

I slept in heavily. I didn't realize how tired I was until my head hit the pillow. I was exhausted. Maybe staying up late chatting with girls over Twitter wasn't such a good idea. But it had felt great.

I woke up to someone shaking my arm. No, that was not okay. I grunted and pushed them away. I tried to fall back asleep. But the person persisted. They shook my back.

"Go away," I mumbled. "Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?"

"Can't you see I'm trying to wake you up?" the person shot back irritably. The voice sounded familiar.

"No. My eyes are closed."

"Then you can feel it. Get up."

"No. I'm tired."

"Boo hoo for you. You have to get up."

"Says who?"

"Me, the other boys, Simon, management, the interviewers. We have an interview to go to, remember?"

I groaned and put a pillow over my head. "I don't care. Go without me."

"You're a stubborn bastard."

"Yep," I agreed. "Now go away."

"Louis!" Harry yelled. "I need you!"

That couldn't be good.

"What?" Louis' voice asked. He was in my room now.

"I need your help waking Niall," Harry said.

"I am awake," I said.

"Fine. I need your help getting him out of bed."

"What do I get out of this?"

"Niall's pancakes."

"Don't you dare," I warned them.

"Will you get up now?" Harry asked.

I thought about it. Get out of my warm, comfortable bed for food that was probably cold, or stay in my warm, comfortable bed and go hungry? Ugh, hard choice.

"No," I finally decided. "I'm staying here."

"Okay," Harry said. "Louis, do your thing."

"Do I still get Niall's pancakes?"

"I don't care. Just do it."

"I'll take that as a yes."

I felt Louis grab my blanket. I knew what he was going to do a second before he did it. He yanked my comforter out from under me, and I rolled out of bed and onto the cold, hard floor. And it hurt.

"Frick all of you!" I yelled, rubbing my shoulder where it smacked the wooden floor.

"Watch your language," Harry scolded me. I didn't exactly say "frick". "Get dressed. You'll be lucky if you get any breakfast at all."

"That's not fair," Louis pouted. "I did my job. Why don't I get Niall's pancakes?"

"If you beat him to them, you can have them."

"Yes!" Louis pumped his fist.

"No fair!" I cried. Louis always beat me in races. They knew that. They left me in my room. I scowled after them.

I got to my feet and pulled on a plain white t-shirt. I grabbed a pair of jeans and put those on too. My moves were sluggish. I was still tired and pretty pissed.

As soon as I walked out of my room, I was intercepted by Liam. "Good, Niall, you're up," he said. "Grab a PopTart or something. We have to leave."

"Already?" I exclaimed. "It's so early!"