Ming Soong

Ashley gripped my hand as we watched the strange planes fly overhead. They were huge. Sorta like a Helicarrier from Marvel, a Berg from Maze runner, and a crop duster all rolled into one. Those things were massive.

   And I only said 'crop duster' because they were blowing a strange grey ashy dust into the air. It took a bit to settle down, and when it did, the scene was something from a horror movie. Anyone outside started coughing, and as they breathed it in, started jerking as if in a seizure. Then they would go stiff and fall. 

    Our bus driver ran to the door and banged on it, begging to be let in as foam formed in her mouth.

  Girls screamed. We watched the driver fall strait down, stiff, her eyes rolled back in her head.

  "We have to do something!" Amelia pushed forward.

    "No!" Jackson yelled. He jerked her back, grabbing her arm. "We don't know what's happening!" He stuttered.

    "All of you calm down!" The blonde bank employee called. Nobody calmed down.

    Ginger looked frozen before bursting into tears and falling into her boyfriend's arms. "And this has to happen on out two week anniversary!" She bawled.

   Ashley and I rolled our eyes in sync.

    "All of you! In the vault!" The employee yelled.

    Several kids rushed forward.

    We ran to the counter where the young blonde panicked.

    "Everyone shut up!!!" A boy I knew as Timothy called for order. He was popular. We went quiet. "We need to hide!" He said. 

   The woman bank worker unlocked a door, and all us teens filed back behind the desk. She pulled out a pair of keys and unlocked what looked like an iron bulletproof door.

    Someone laughed about bank robbery. Another told them to shut up. 

    The woman pushed us down the stairs into the interior underground vault and turned on the electricity.

    We all sat down on the ground, and the employee, who was introduced as Emily, locked the doors behind her. 

    "We need to shut off the air pumps so that we don't breath whatever that was in." Jackson said.

    "He's right." Andrew, the 12-year-old nerdy highschooler said.

    Then the lights flickered.

     Ginger sobbed.

     The electricity was cut.

     Darkness.