58

Loki crunched his nose up as he closed another book after reading the summary inside, reaching for the next one

"You know, it's quite odd that midgardians are nearly always bringing romance into books. Don't get me wrong, little mingling is never bad, but it is the way humans write about it. In their books, they are always searching for the one. Yet, ridiculously, searching for the perfect human being, none of them try to be perfect." he said in bored tone, closing yet another book and even though he didn't like it, he placed it on the pile next to him just as gently as he'd handle the books he enjoyed.

"Look, Atlas."

I stared at him, his years of bitterness and hatred still glowing through his broken green eyes. "Humans are the worst creatures any planet could ask for. They fuss over small things, and then turn it into a war. They yearn to destroy more then my godly heart ever could. Meaning, they would have no problem destroying already damaged  creatures, that means you, if your innocent mind didn't grasp it yet. Perhaps not the people in this tower, but there are always men sitting higher, and that's midgardians biggest problem. They let themselves be driven by laws and heroism as they call it, but in the end, in their pitifully soft hearts, they are out for their own pleasure and good."

The broken God muttered, closing yet another book as he set it aside gently.

"go on. Open the book." he slid the purple covered book towards me, I caught it with ease, looking up at him hopelessly. He nodded, yet waited for me to open it.

"Do you wish to understand what's there?"

I peeked down at the letters, desperately hoping I'd make sense of them somehow. Yet none of them looked familiar, they all blended into one, big ball of confusion.
I nodded sharply, but he caught it nevertheless.

"I'd be glad to teach you how to read, if that's what you wish."

I opened my eyes, but closed it the second I felt my throat closing in. It sounded like... Normal thing people did, they read. They cooked, they played video games. And I was more then glad to learn it all, it was fascinating. "Come on, give me Hamlet back, its actually one of the most readable books humans have came up with." so, the book was Hamlet. Gently I offered the God his book.

"ah, I was already wondering where were they for so long..." the moment he ended his sentence, the mahogany library door creaked open, revealing the quiet and curly haired doctor Banner. "Atlas!" he exclaimed, relief visible in his troubled dark eyes. "uh, Tasha-- I mean, Miss Romanoff is waiting for you in the living room, would you, uh, come with me? it's urgent." sending a desperate look towards Loki, knowing what was about to happen. The raven haired man simply looked away after giving me encouraging nod, or maybe he was just dismissing me from the silent room that smelled of books. 

After a quiet trip to a room that was definitely not living room, Banner stumbled over his words, telling me he'd be back with Natasha and others shortly. with that, the troubled man disappeared again, closing the door with quiet click, locking it firmly. I looked around the awfully modern room. No windows, two large couches surrounding a long, dark colored table in the middle of the room. That was definitely not a living room, it was interrogation room, only very modern. I jumped as I heard the door open, unfamiliar figure strolled in, cleaning the red carpet with bright yellow vacuum cleaner that hummed quietly. 

The old man was wearing a dark green cap and jumpsuit, his back was slightly hunched as he moved around the room, mumbling to himself from time to time, either not noticing me or not caring of my presence at all. The wrinkles on his face and thick glasses that made his eyes look much larger then they were betrayed him of his high age. The nozzle of the vacuum cleaner bumped against the gigantic hammer that was resting beside a couch, I immediately recognized it as the hammer Thor had been carrying around couple of times.  

"Give them life, they don't appreciate it, those young folks... leaving their toys laying around all the time... " He muttered bitterly, grasping the hammer from it's handle and pulling it off the floor to clean under it. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, looking the fragile man raising the God's hammer as if it was a remote laying on his way. He dropped it back on the ground and I could swear small cracks appeared on the floor as the man went on with cleaning. 

He turned the vacuum cleaner off and stopped in front of me, cleaning his thick glasses with the hem of his shirt. "Ain't you new here, punk? haven't seen you here 'round this Tony Stanks place before'" He said, small smile rising his white moustaches slightly. "Don't wanna talk? no? Tha's fine, I'm busy myself. Before I go on my merry way back at the reception, just a small note, pal. Don't let yourself be intimidated by those around ya, they all have soft hearts, trust the old man before you. Even the angriest, most damaged creatures have hearts waiting to be loved, whether its romance or friendship. Let yours be mended back to life, ya look like a pal worth saving." he said grinning, his eyes having a knowing glint in them as he turned to leave. Not giving me another glance as he pulled the vacuum cleaner with him out the door, almost stumbling over the weight of it “but then again, everyone is worth saving..." he muttered to himself merrily as the door closed, leaving me to my buzzled thoughts.

It wasn't long until the door opened again, oddly enough I was hoping it'd be the old man again, my mood dropped the moment Natasha Romanoffs eyes landed on me. 

everyone is worth saving

A/N

dedicated to Stan Lee, the father of all those wonderful characters who I can proudly say I grew up with. I hope he is now with his wife, being a superhero in another realm far, far away from ours. 

Thank you, Stan, for letting us be apart of your wonderful creation, thank you for letting us carry on your legacy. I will forever be thankful for what you have created. 

"Just because you have superpowers, that doesn't mean your love life would be perfect. I don't think superpowers automatically means there won't be any personality problems, family problems or even money problems. I just tried to write characters who are human beings who also have superpowers." – Stan Lee

" – Stan Lee

Final Experiment ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara