As we walk, the changes become more apparent. The people have changed. Well, to be exact, there are much less "people" as there are us. There used to be at least a good amount of humans walking among us. However, all I can spot now are a few here and there.

We come to a halt a little before reaching the Dietrich manor. My eyes grow big at the biggest change of all.

"What's this?" I ask, not even taking my eyes off the grand structure in front of me.

"Evelyn, don't go th-"

I didn't wait for Nero to finish as I rushed passed the gates and began pounding on the doors for entry, but to no avail.

"Nero, what is this? Where's the library?"

His eyes look from me to the building before us.

"An auction hall," he answers neutrally.

"For what?" I demand.

"Pets."

I stare quietly at the doors closed in front of my face. How did something like this make its way to the center of town?

"We should head home," Nero said as he slowly guided me through the rest of this not-so familiar town.

Upon reaching the stairs to the grand entrance of my former residence, a blonde-haired boy runs out excitedly and greets me with a tight embrace. And of course, the shy brunette stood in the back, hands to himself, but with a smile that can reach your soul.

"I've missed you two," I whisper in Adrian's ear. I knew London heard it too.

"Didn't know you could feel things like that," Adrian joked before giving me one more squeeze.

They both glimpsed at Nero before regaining their manners and acknowledged the young master with a uniform bow and taking my luggage.

"Where's Morwenna?" I ask after looking around, slightly disappointed that she didn't come to welcome me as well.

I didn't exactly expect such a glum look from Adrian. I turn to London for an explanation, but before he got a chance to open his mouth, Nero advised it's best for me to get settled in first.

He was right so I didn't pry.

"Where are you going Evie?" Nero ask out of nowhere.

"My room," I answer a bit too quickly. It then struck me that I no longer had a room here.

"We made arrangements for your room to be right beside mine."

Nero showed me to my room. A much bigger room than my previous one. A little too roomy perhaps. Still, I shouldn't complain so I simply nod.

"Get settled in and I'll come by when it's time for dinner," was all he said before leaving me all alone in such a big room.

And indeed, when dinner time came, he was outside my door waiting to escort me down to the banquet hall.

It was strange as I sat at the table in which I once only stood to serve others. And now, others were serving me, giving me the option of finely brewed wine or the highest quality blood or both.

London and Adrian were there too. Not sitting beside me by the table, but still standing at the back in good orderly fashion.

I was uncomfortable to say the least. That's another new feeling Nero promised me.

When I couldn't hold it in anymore, I turn to the only other company at the table.

"Is Lord Dietrich coming?"