15. Their love

"Manik why don't you give me back my diary?" Nandini said leaning on his shoulder and looking at the rising waves of the sea.

"I don't want to." A smile made a way towards his lips when he remembered the diary.

"But why?" Nandini raised her head slightly and looked at him.

"Because it resembles the beginning of our love." Manik smiled looking at her.

"But how?"

"I don't know." Manik said, smiling. He wasn't ready to spill the secret of her diary. What was so special about her diary that he had cherished it for this long.

"Manik I know there is something. Can't you just tell me?" Nandini pouted, making an irritated face and Manik chuckled.

"There's nothing so special."

"Manik don't you dare lie to me. Today if you won't tell me then-" Nandini trailed off, trying to find the accurate word."then this may lead to our break up. Yea break up."

"Break up. But this connection can't be broken." Manik said as he placed his hand on his heart. Nandini looked at him dumbfounded. She definitely had heard this line before, a long time before.

But chucking her thoughts, she replied,"You aren't going to tell me, are you?"

"There's nothing to tell." Manik said, pulling her closer to him but she wriggled in his hold and shouted in irritation,"Go I am not going to talk to you."

"But I thought you were going to break up with me." Manik said, holding her even more closer.

"Ok fine. I am breaking up with you." Nandini said, trying to push him but he didn't even buzz.

"Okay I will accept this break up but only after all my seven life's with you are completed."

"Oh no. God how am I going to bear this monster for all my seven life?" Nandini said it out aloud, looking at the sky. And the very next moment both of them laughed their heart out in each other's arms.

"Even my whole lifetime with you wouldn't be enough." Nandini said, snuggling closer to him.

"Then what about our break up?"

"That's a long forgotten business." Nandini said and held him closer.

After spending some more time, he dropped her home, but before she could open the door of his car, Manik held her wrist and she turned around to face him.

"You can't go like this." He gently pulled her towards him.

"Why can't I go like this?" She asked, confused.

"Because-" He said, gently tugging the few strands of her hairs behind her ear. His left hand traced her jawline before he leaned forward and placed his lips on hers.

He kissed her, sucking her lips and pouring all his love.

"A date is incomplete without your kiss." Manik said as he rubbed his lips lightly.

Nandini couldn't help but blush. She ran home, her face all flustered. He always managed to have such an effect on her.

As soon as she opened the door of her home, she saw Abhi sitting on the couch.
Abhi rarely visited Nandini and Navya's place but whenever he paid a visit it was either something very urgent or something very amiss.

"Abhi." Nandini broke his trance and he raised his head to look at her.

"Abhi what happened?" Nandini asked as she sat beside him on the couch.

"I am just feeling a bit low." Abhi spoke out, reclining on the couch.

"Did you and Mukti had a fight?"

"No it's nothing like that."

"I thought that was the case but anyway did you get to know Mukti and Aryaman are going on a date tonight." Nandini wasn't sure if he knew it.

"Yea she told me." Abhi heaved a slow breath.

"They must be having fun right now. Aryaman told me that he was planning a candle light dinner which would end with a romantic dance." Nandini said, looking at his changing expression."And he even planned a long drive and-"

"Nandini please-" Abhi clenched his teeth and fisted his hands. "I don't want to talk about this."

As expected he was jealous and he knew it but he couldn't understand why he was getting jealous? Was it because he feared of losing his best friend? Or was it because she gave someone more priority than him? Or was it something else?

"Abhi life doesn't give you chances but when it is giving you one, you must grab it and must not let it go." Nandini said.

"What do you mean?" Abhi knew what she was indicating to but he didn't want to understand it. He couldn't just give a chance to love once again.

"You know what I mean." Nandini said as she got up from the couch. "Anyway let's go and make something for ourselves."

"That's a better option."

A week later

Nandini had been walking towards her class through the corridor when a boy intentionally pushed her. "Hey you little bookish nerd." The boy ruffled her hair and that irked Nandini.

"Will you please excuse me?" Nandini asked politely just to avoid fights and issues. But the boy didn't even buzz but instead laughed.

"The bad boy's girl is asking us to excuse her." The boy said, looking at his two fellows. Nandini instantly knew that they won't let her go so easily.

The boy pushed her and before she could land on the floor someone held her in time.

***