Chapter 1. Welcome to Greendale

In the town of Greendale, where it always feels like Halloween, there lived two sisters who are half-witch and half-mortal, who on their 16th birthday would have to choose between two worlds: the witch world of their family, and the human world of their friends. My name is Audrey Spellman and you will join my sister, Sabrina and I on a trip to wherever life will take us.

While my sister is out with her mortal friends, watching a zombie movie and grabbing a snack at Dr Cerberus Books, I decided to practice spells with my dear aunt Zelda. She supports my belief in not fitting in with the mortals even though my sister questions it daily. We sit at the dark floorboards, candles strewn across the room while reciting the same words over and over. It wasn't a complicated spell, but it was good to know how to do the basics before joining a school full of competent witches and warlocks. When the spell was complete Zelda shone up, delighted at my quick learning. She started going on about what my dress should look like, what I have to say and who I should talk with at my dark baptism.

The stairs creak as we walk towards the closet, it is full of my aunts' old clothes and shoes. Aunt Z digs around the dresses before finding the black long dress, the dress she wore on her dark baptism. She told me that she would show me it for inspiration and I can say that it sure did. I quickly excused myself and ran down the stairs, and into my bedroom. I grabbed some art supplies and started sketching, a black long dress with loads of lace.

The night turned to day and we are one day closer to the blood moon, the sisters' dark baptism and everybody's favorite holiday, Halloween.

The dark sheets are ripped off my body, the cold welcoming my body as I stand up and walk over to my calendar that is situated to the right of my desk. I quickly put on some makeup, focusing on dark eyes and lips. I then walk over to my dresser, grabbing a black satin crop top, a pair of black jeans, a black cardigan and some black platform shoes. Later adding some accessories to top off my outfit.

 Later adding some accessories to top off my outfit

When I get downstairs Sab is already there, discussing what familiar she will take with our aunts. "About that aunt Z, instead of picking a familiar out of a book, which is so, I don't know, dehumanizing-" Said Sabrina before getting interrupted by aunt Z explaining how they are goblins who turn into animals, so they can better serve their masters and that it is nothing human about them. Sab then talks about a spell that she had found and that she would find a familiar with it. I didn't quite listen as Hilda comes up to me with a green drink, she tells me about how I must clean my body before the ceremony and that it contained eggs, rosemary and other herbs from her garden. I hear the door close behind Sabrina and Ambrose, so I say morning to Aunt Z and drink from the glass. My aunts and I continue speaking until Sab came in to get me, so that we can go to school.

On the way there, Sab brings me into the forest, she wanted to do the spell before school, so I sat down by a tree close by. Sabrina took up the silver clock and a stick then started drawing, speaking to the spirits of the forest and at some occasion ringing the bell. When she finishes, I walk up to her as she sits down, putting her things in her red leather bag. I feel a cold wind drape my shoulders, the weird sisters stand in front of us. Prudence starts talking about how she wished that Sabrina wouldn't go through with her baptism. I however am a friend of hers, I frequently drop by the academy of the unseen arts and fit in quite well. Dorcus gives me a sign to step away so I start walking towards the human school, waving goodbye to the sisters. After a few minutes Sabrina runs up to me and starts mumbling about washing the curse off. I however walk into the school and meet with some of my crew, I wouldn't say that they are friends, however I don't want to sit at lunch by myself. And as I was the unofficial leader of the group, I never had to. 

When I get home that night, I have a quick look at the sketch before walking over to Miss. Linnords, the girl who makes all my designs come to life. We go over costs and time before I leave her to it, eating dinner with my family and fall into a dreamless sleep.