Chapter 11- Touché

TOUCHÉ

•Third Person POV•

Natalia was quite a small woman with a petite and fragile body frame. Her husband must've been a tall man seeing as that Miyla was somewhat taller than her mother.

Aurora was able to recognise that Miyla had gotten her curly dark hair and eyes from Natalia as they were almost the exact same.

Natalia ushered Aurora and Kaden through the beach house towards a wooden mahogany deck outside which was adjacent to the water. The water glistened with the moon and stars as well as from the lighting from the various other beach house bordering it.

"Come now, you two! The food must be getting cold," Natalia urged.

As they neared the deck, the mouthwatering aroma of the dishes Natalia had cooked, hit Aurora and Kaden, causing their stomachs to grumble in response.

Natalia made Kaden's favourite, black pepper mushroom steak with garlic bread and a side of nachos. Undoubtedly, Aurora concluded that Natalia was a kitchen whiz for sure.

"This is lovely," Aurora complimented, softly.

"Thank you Aura, this was and still is Kaden's favourite meal. When he was little, he'd ask for it everyday, just like he'd ask me to tuck him in at night everyday! Right up until he was fifteen."

Aurora chuckled lightly while heat rushed up Kaden's neck. Kaden pouted and folded his arms like an angry child.

"Aww, is baby Kay upset?" Aurora cooed while pinching Kaden's cheek in a baby like manor. Kaden swatted her hand away lightly and scowled at the two women before him.

"You're both mean but you're lucky I love you two so I won't take it to heart," Kaden said over dramatically, placing a hand over his heart.

As dinner progressed, Natalia constantly and repeatedly looked between Aurora and Kaden with a curious expression on her face as she watched the two bicker back and forth about pointless things.

Natalia zoned out of their conversation as she watched them intently. However, soon, both Aurora and Kaden turned to look at Natalia with determined expressions on their faces. "Let's see what Natalia thinks," Aurora stated.

"What?" Natalia asked, extremely lost as she hadn't been listening to any of what was said before.

"What do you think?" Kaden asked again, slowly while looking at a puzzled Natalia.

After staring back at the two for some time, a smirk graced her lips. "Hmm, what do I think? I think that the two of you bicker on and fight like a married couple."

With that, Natalia got up from the table and left to the kitchen but not without throwing a wink back at Aurora and Kaden.

.

.

.

•Kaden's POV•

Dinner last night went well however not without a few awkward and puzzling moment, all thanks to the one and only Natalia.

I mean, do Aurora and I really bicker like a married couple? We were simply in debate about a very very serious topic. Disney Princesses.

Now I know you may be questioning my manliness at the moment but I do have a sister who was completely and utterly obsessed with Disney princesses.

Ana-Maria had what I like to call an unhealthy addiction to those characters. I was surrounded by Disney princesses as a child. Disney princess movies. Disney princess lunch box. Disney princess wall paper. Disney princess bed sheets and pillows. Disney princess birthday cake. Disney freaking princess toilet paper! She was a Disney-Princess-aholic!