t h i r d

Tyler wakes up before Josh does. He looks at his phone to see it's 7:46. He rolls back over and kisses Josh's forehead, causing Josh to stir just a bit.

Carefully, Tyler gets out of bed and walks over to the counter. He gets the tiny coffee maker going, brewing some french vanilla frappuccino stuff, hoping it will help him wake up enough for everything that would probably happen today.

The coffee quickly brews into a cream colored mug. Taking the mug in his hand he walks out to the balcony. The view isn't the best, but it's certainly not the worst. A building was most of their view, like a big house. A few parking spaces were across the hotel's little back road. And to the left, if you leaned over the railing, you could see some of the beach and ocean.

Tyler sits down on a wire chair, the cream mug filled to the brim with coffee in his hands. He takes a sip and sighs in content. A few minutes pass by and the wind blows, making Tyler inhale the salty scent coming from the ocean's breeze. Everything is calm, until there's a knock on the glass door. Startled, Tyler jumps in his seat, some of the coffee sloshing onto the wooden floor of the balcony. Josh opens the sliding door and takes a seat in the other wire chair across the table from Tyler.

"Morning, baby," Tyler says, blowing a kiss to Josh.

"Mornin'," Josh says quietly, rubbing his eyes.

Tyler sets his cup down on the small table with a loving smile.

"How'd you sleep, sweetheart?"

"Good, breakfast?" Josh mumbles, still rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Sure, I'll make something. I went to the store last night while you were in bed. Do you want some scrambled eggs or something?"

Josh only nodded, finally ceasing rubbing his eyes.

Tyler took Josh's hands in his, placing a soft, tender kiss to each one.

"Are you tiny, little man?" Tyler questions. Josh only shrugs, taking in a small yawn.

"Okay, so is scrambled eggs alright? Or do you want cereal?"

"Eggs please." Josh pulls his hand out of Tyler's grasp to stretch, clearly still not having woken up yet.

Tyler nods, setting his coffee cup down on the table. The brunet takes the few steps to the sliding glass door before he feels small and ineffectual hands grab the back of his shirt. He turns around and Josh groans, still not being able to kick the sleepiness away.

"Hmm, do I get to see my baby boy again?" Tyler says petting Josh's hair, smiling.

"No," Josh chuckles, his eyes closed, "I'm just clingy, so you need to hold me and tell me how much you love me."

Tyler huffs playfully, rolling his eyes even though Josh couldn't see him. Removing Josh's hand from his shirt he hoists him onto his hip and walks back inside.

As Tyler walks past the bed they slept on the previous night Josh's grip tightens.

"J, I need to put you down so I can make your breakfast, please."

Josh lays his head on Tyler's shoulder, sighing in resistance.

"No, I wanna be held." Josh murmurs.

"What if I give you the TV menu and the remote? Then can I put you down so I can make the eggs?" Tyler tries to compromise.

"No!" Josh grumbles.

Without warning Tyler playfully tosses Josh on the bed, crawling on top of him and kissing his lips.

"I'll hold you all you want once I'm done making the eggs," Tyler pauses, kissing Josh's lips again, giving Josh a case of the giggles. "Alright, bug? I love you."