Jason cussed too loud, which responding to his mom coming into the room and scold him for his foul language.

Before he left, he looked over his shoulder and glared at me. I responded with a slick smile.

Thankfully, he closed the door behind him, in which I then headed to the bathroom to do the normal routine.

Once I walked out, I put on loose, light washed jeans and a grey tee shirt before heading downstairs with my phone in hand.

"Ready, Jasey?" I asked with a high pitch voice, and he turned around from his spot in front of the table to narrow his eyes on me.

Without looking away, he grabbed the keys from the table behind him before walking passed me, heading to the front of the house to put on his shoes.

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my bag from the corner of the living room before slipping into my running shoes.

Gotta love Monday.

"My mom said if she hears one more bad word leaving me, she'll fucking sew my lips shut," Jason grumbled once we were both sitting in his car, and I chuckled.

He glared at me once more before turning on the engine.

"It's not my fault you need holy water, a bible, and Jesus," I admitted as he drove down the street, going slightly faster than the speed limit.

Although he seemed frustrated, I saw him crack a smile.

For the rest of the ride, we drove in silence with the radio playing softly in the background.

We walked next to each other as we entered the school, where I began to see Alyssa and Kim come into view, who looked like they were in deep conversation.

"Hey," I smiled at both of them once we reached them, and they turned to us with a matching smile.

"Em, I see Dylan, I'll meet with you later," he whispered in my ear, and I nodded before watching him walk down the jam packed hall, which was where Dylan was standing with one of his classmates.

When I turned back to Alyssa, she was grinning widely. "So, I was wondering... do you wanna come with us to a Chinese restaurant after school?"

I shrugged casually. "That sounds good. Who is taking..." My sentence was cut short when I saw Lucas joining the Jason and Dylan in the conversation.

"We're gonna meet by my car, okay?" Kim said, and I looked back to her with a nod just as the warning bell ring.

"I'll see you both at lunch," I smiled, and the both of them waved goodbye before I turned around and found the staircase to go upstairs to my left.

However, while I was walking, I felt someone walking next to me. Curiously, I looked over my right shoulder, and when I saw Alec catching up next to me, I groaned.

"Seriously, can't you take a hint?" I asked, and he sighed, stomping up the stairs faster so he was slightly ahead of me.

"Can you stop being stubborn and talk to me?"

"I'm not stubborn. I'm just denying that you and I were ever a thing," I snarled, but my eyes flashed with hope when I saw the third floor coming up closer.

Just one more flight of stairs.

Thankfully, for the next few seconds, Alec was silent. But when he reached the top floor, I moved to open the doors when he grabbed a hold of my hand.

I rip my hand out of his grip and he only replied by shoving my back harshly against the wall.

I resisted the urge to hiss in pain.