Dragon's developing quickly is normal. But I think everyone knew that this wasn't. We rarely even trained with other dragons anymore, despite Ambrose's innate desire to assert dominance.

Mainly because he was too much of a distraction, rather than anything else.

Tiberius was kind enough to lend us one of Seppius's old saddles. It was worn from age, but enough to help break Ambrose in. Something he most definitely was not fond of, in fact, he truly hated it.

I could already feel him grumbling as I settled myself into it. Trying to get familiar with it myself. But even I had to admit it was uncomfortable, possibly because it was moulded to fit someone else's ass.

'You don't need that,' I heard him argue through our bond, 'We can fly without it. Don't you trust me?'

I knew that he was trying to guilt me and I scolded him, "Don't start with that crap." I muttered lowly, and he purposely rustled about as we padded out of the Dragon House, "You know you have to get used to it."

Ambrose huffed silently as he took off running. Thick muscles tightening just before he launched his entire body upwards, wings flaring out to catch the wind.

My breath stopped for a moment like it always did. We were flying. The sensation never dimmed, and I slipped my eyes shut as we ascended.

My hair was whipped back as the wind pressed against my face, like a cool cloth before warmth began to spread throughout my body. I looked down to see the expectant glimmer in the topaz eyes of Ambrose. It was only then I realized that he had provided me with the warmth from his body.

Power thrummed through Ambrose's body, and I leaned forward, silently directing him with ease. This was the best part of my day; the freedom was riveting, and Ambrose flourished with confidence when we were in the air.

His large body soared above the radiant white clouds with ease. Flawlessly angling his body to abide the wind direction as he flew along it. Despite being such a large creature, he moved with an unimaginable grace.

Flying in the air on top of a creature so powerful filled me with adrenaline. The thrill that came with it made my heart stutter, and I could feel Ambrose's pleasure whenever he was stretching his wings.

He was most happy when we were in the air.

When we landed, it was hard and unsteady but at least this time we didn't crack the ground beneath us. A clap came from a distance, and I looked down to see Roman leaning against the Dragon Stables with a pleased grin, I dismounted Ambrose and began to walk towards him.

"You're good in the air." Roman complimented with a wink, "But your landing could use some work. We should ride together sometime."

I laughed breathlessly, still elated from being in the sky. Ambrose snorted and padded by us, not giving Roman so much as a glance. I got the feeling that my dragon was not so fond of him, 

"Maybe." I said with a tight smile, and I cocked my head, "Where are you going?"

Roman shrugged a shoulder with that wolfish smile, "Out to meet a friend." He shrugged casually, and I knew that meant he was going on a date. Every night this week he had come home late, I wondered why he didn't just say, "Unless you unveil some plans which could catch my attention."

"If only I were so productive," I smiled wryly, stepping by him and I arched a brow, "Have fun with your friend tonight."

His lips pulled into an adorable half smile, his warm eyes following me as I walked away, "I'd have more fun with you!" He teased, and I shook my head in amusement, "See you later, Ariane."