Chapter 4: Easier Said Than Done

I shoot up in bed, looking around for the source of the noise that woke me up. Apparently, I'm not the only one who heard it, because other people are scrambling as well.

I push the sheets back and stand up, stretching. I then step to the side only to roll my eyes when I see Four yelling at people to wake up.

Ugh, of course my brother would be the one to wake us up in the morning.

"Wake up! It is 7 o'clock, and your first day of training begins at 8 o'clock sharp. Breakfast is served at 7:30. Don't be late." He nods in my direction, and then walks out the door.

"Why so early?" Christine grumbles behind me. She's sitting up in bed, and her hair is all messed up. I'm sure mine doesn't look that great either, though.

"C'mon. Let's go get changed." I tell her, and then walk over to Tris. She's up and at her feet as well, and looking under her cot for some clothing. I go over to my bed and pull out a black short-sleeved top and some tight black pants, before putting them on a pile on my bed.

I look over, and see that Al is still asleep. I huff, and walk over to his bed. Reaching out my hand, I shake his shoulder. "Al. Al? It's time to wake up."

His eyes slowly open, and it's adorable how groggy he looks right now. "Is something wrong?" He asks.

"No, but I wish that were the case. It's time to get ready for training." I say, and then go back and grab my clothing.

Christine, Tris and I all head to the showers, but then stop when we see what's waiting.

The showers and toilets don't have any doors separating them. They're completely exposed to each other.

"Nope. No way." Christina says, not taking her eyes off of what's in front of us. "I'm not doing that with everybody watching."

"Why? Got a problem with a little audience?" Peter asks, walking up to stand in front of us. A girl and another guy stand behind him, acting like a possey.

"Yeah, when it's perv's like you!" Christina snaps back.

Peter frowns, and then the frown deepens when he looks at me. "It's you. You better watch yourself." And with that, he walks away, but not before slamming his shoulder against mine. I'm momentarily knocked backwards, and am about to fall when someone stabilizes me. I turn and see Will behind me, sheepishly holding me up. I nod my thanks, and he lets go.

"What was that about?" I ask, rubbing my shoulder.

"Oh, that thing you did yesterday on the roof! Everybody loved it when you flipped Peter off. They were laughing at him, and he didn't exactly seem very happy. That was awesome, by the way." Will says, and that's when Al walks up to us.

"We will watch for people, and make sure no one comes in. You can have your privacy this way." Will offers, and Al nods his head in agreement.

"You won't peek?" Tris asks.

Will just winks at Christina. She scoffs and turns around. "C'mon, we're fine."

Ten minutes later, we are showered, and clean. We dress quickly, and then walk out. Will and Al did, what they said they would, and there's about 4 initiates waiting to get in. We ignore them as we go back to our beds and sit down.

"See? You can trust us." Al says, him and Will walking back over to us.

"Mhmm. Just go get changed, you stink." Christina says, and I smirk at that.

They walk off, leaving us to finish getting ready. I had found a pair of boots yesterday that were about half a size too big, but they would work. I lace them up, and then set about doing something with my hair. I grab a brush, pray it doesn't have lice or bugs, and set about brushing my hair.