Chapter 19: Moment of Truth

We are getting close to the end guys! Kind of a filler chapter here (but still filled with important stuff). Next one will definitely be attention-grabbing, so stay tuned!

Tell me what you think!

~Caruscus

---------------------------------------------

Once I go by Tobias's apartment and pick up Tris we go down to the dorms. There she helps put medicine on my back and I change into some actual clothes, save for my shirt. I haven't had any time to buy some of my own, so I hope Eric doesn't mind if I wear his shirt. I take a hair tie and wrap the excess cloth with it before tucking it underneath the hem, hiding it. Tris raises an eyebrow at the shirt but otherwise doesn't question it.

We grab a quick breakfast with Christina, which consists of us eating while she drills us on information as to where we were last night. We dodge her questions enough that she eventually drops it, but I know she won't forget.

Eric drops his tray beside mine and sits down, not saying a word. He's fully clothed now, wearing his usual black shirt and vest with black cargo pants. He eyes up his shirt that I'm wearing and then gives his attention to his food. Christina and Tris pause their eating and look at him for a moment, confused. The leaders aren't in the cafeteria, yet he still sat beside me. They look at me and I just shrug my shoulders in response.

I finish my piece of toast and take a drink of orange juice. Pulp free, just the way I like it.

"Doesn't that taste gross after brushing your teeth? Toothpaste and orange juice aren't exactly a good combination." Christina asks.

"After eating my toast the toothpaste taste is gone."

She nods her head and goes back to her scrambled eggs. More people start to fill in the cafeteria. It's about 7:30 so they're either getting ready for work or for stage three to begin. A nervous feeling settles in the pit of my stomach. I wonder what stage three will consist of.

"Watch it, asshole."

Christina and Tris look at something over my shoulder, their eyes narrowing. I turn around, trying to see what they're looking at.

It's not hard to guess.

Peter shoves someone out of the way who was in line for food. The poor girl runs out of the cafeteria. He gets a tray and some silverware before looking up. He sees me and smirks, waving the knife at me.

That son of a bitch.

He's the one who stabbed Edward. I know he is. I knew it last night, and now he's just confirming it.

"I hate him." I hear Christina say.

Calmly, so as to not draw any attention, I take all my silverware off my tray and put the trash on the table. Tris watches me carefully, unsure of what I'm doing. I see even Eric has stopped chewing whatever it is he's eating, confused by my actions.

I stand up from the table and pick up my tray in one hand.

"Crystal..." Tris trails off. I ignore her and walk away from the table.

I walk up behind Peter and tap him on the shoulder. He turns around, smirking at first. Then once he sees it's me he scowls.

"What the fu-"

I bring my tray up and hit him upside the head with it. He falls to the floor, the food he had collected flying through the air. The cafeteria falls silent. I drop down on top of him, placing my hands around his neck. His lip is bleeding, blood trailing down the side of his face. His hands grapple with the ones I have wrapped around his throat. I lean in close to his ear.