Author's Note

Writing this story was a challenging and educating experience, but I enjoyed every bit of it and I hope you did too. However I'll like you to take a second to reflect on the just concluded story.
The devil wears okrika. The devil was a wolf, a wolf in sheep clothing. If we take it literally from the title alone, the devil was able to mix with the masses and successfully gain their trust because he was one of them. He was in a respectable position, he was a man of high moral standard and dignity. But it was all a disguise.

Look at our society today, we have so many devils(wolves) in our midst putting on okrika (sheep clothing) but most times we are unaware, just like the people of Amaife. We don't pay much attention and let our guard down, that's why you hear painful stories of child abuse, murder, ritual killings, kidnapping etc.

The root problem or should I say one of the root problems is the mistake of 'assumption'. You assume okay; "he/she is my sibling they can't abuse my child, he/she is my best friend they can't hurt me, he/she is my pastor they can't do this......"

Bartholomew was a pastor. His father was 'the' elder, the father of the village and ironically he was 'the father of the village'

What is the takeaway from all the pages so far?

Trust no man, Follow no man but Trust in the Lord your God and follow Christ.

Being a Christian means what it means. Christ like, not your pastor like, not your celebrity like, not like anybody. It's a daily journey and with time you'd be able to discern the devils in our midst. Don't assume someone is as pure hearted as you and don't trust blindly.
Stay blessed.

P.s: please leave a review and comment, I would love to know what you think of the story.

Kingsley Efughi
-Souloho19