Feeling that she wasn't heading towards a point, Jihyo cut herself off, sucking her lips in. She held a breath, wanting Nayeon to answer her question to save her the embarrassment.

Should I be straight with her? Does she even know that I like Jeongyeon more than a friend? Or that I know that she likes Jeongyeon? Jihyo is a reasonable person. I can totally do th--

"It's about Jeongyeon.."

Stop beating around the bush, Nayeon.

"Jihyo...I know you like Jeongyeon."

The awkward grin switched into a tight line. Jihyo had her jaw locked tightly, unsure of how to react. It was the feeling of her esophagus equivalent to the weight of a bowling ball dropping twenty-four meters from a cliff. Jihyo always had an answer to everything, but now she didn't. She couldn't possibly lie to Nayeon's face. That wasn't her intention to, anyways. Right when she was about to open her mouth, Nayeon went further.

    "I understand,  though. Jeongyeon is an..amazing person."
Nayeon nearly swooned just describing her. She had to pull herself together, not to get off track.
   "I had been very unsure of my feelings for quite some time and in that time of our distance, you were there for her. And I'm not saying you can't be there for her anymore. But, from now on, Jeongyeon and I..will be seeing each other."

That was it. Those words that Jihyo were afraid of hearing for herself, but knew they were coming. She had been preparing herself for this day. Out of all the times in the universe, it had to be when she was half awake, wearing a messy bun, and her blue silky PJ's. Timing had always been off for her. The throbbing in the pit of her stomach would not stop regardless of the smile she wore. It was hefty to even lift the corners of her mouth.It's okay to hurt, Jihyo. You knew this was coming.

At least she wasn't hearing this from Jeongyeon herself. That would've broken her on a whole other level. Coming from Nayeon's mouth, Jihyo was able to bear with it. Something in her told her that it wasn't the time. She didn't feel like crying so the throbbing beat in her stomach would suffice.

"Ahh...I had prepared for this day. But I didn't know it would be tonight."

Jihyo laughed bitterly, her tone inaudible, but Nayeon could still hear it.

"I always knew that I never stood a chance with Jeongyeon. I didn't even expect to see her more than a friend. I was also pretty selfish when I decided to kiss her."

Nayeon winced at the mention of the kiss that Jeongyeon told her about, few days prior. She shook it off, going back to focus on listening to Jihyo. The spotlight was on Jihyo and Nayeon didn't wanna take that from her.

"Thank you for telling me this, Nayeon. I know not to get my hopes up, even though I knew I shouldn't have in the first place. I wish you two all the best."

A comfortable silence circled around the two. Nayeon was content but somewhat worried for Jihyo and how she felt now. On the other hand, a crucial ton was slowly being removed from Jihyo.

"Thank you, Jihyo. For understanding. I don't want bad blood between us though and would very much want us to still be friends."

Nayeon took a deep breath and stood up, extending her arms out to Jihyo. Watching Nayeon get up made Jihyo jump from her seat to openly take Nayeon's gesture. They hugged for a long minute and then released each other. Nayeon gave Jihyo a solemn look and gripped her arm for support.

"Of course! Nothing changes between us."

Jihyo gladly helped Nayeon on her way out. The other girl didn't say anything else.