♡ Chapter 1 ♡ Part 1 ♡

(Im sorry if their are spelling mistakes anywhere throughout the story. I miss things when I proof read and sometimes I just forget too or cantos be bothered)

"With business expanding in the Spooner Ville and Saint Canard Markets, noted in apendices C, G and 5F, we're also cutting funding to unnecessary departments. Historical research, experimental tech, deep sea exploration..." One of the business partners of McDuck enterprises explain.

All meetings are like this, and being Scrooge McDuck's apprentice, I have to attend them all and write down important notes, just in case Scrooge misses something or doesn't realize straight away what may happen with these proper compromises. "Fantastic" Scrooge says monochromaticly, holding a coin after flipping it so many times.

"How enlightening this meeting was, Mr McDuck has other very important things to do. We'll keep in touch. Good day men" I say, standing up and addressing the three men at the end of the table.

I may be young but I'm very proper when I need to be. "Of course. Thank you for you time" One of them says before they start to pack up their things.

I grab my laptop that I had been writing my notes in and hold the door for Scrooge as we leave, him thanking me once the door is closed. "Oh Thank you Samantha. I really couldn't bare to listen to anymore proclamations"

"It's really no problem Mr McDuck. Would you like to go to the vault together or would you like me to wait in the car?" I ask, since Scrooge still had to put a small ammount of coins in the vault.

"I'll go to the vault alone today. I'll be quick" He says.

"Of course Mr McDuck" I say and we head in different directions. We're in Scrooge's private money bin for the meeting. I head outside and sit in the car with LaunchPad, laptop in hand.

I take off my formal jacket and put on my sleeveless hoodie. I take off my long pants which I had over my basketball shorts and fold them, placing them in a compartment.

As we wait for Scrooge, I look through my notes for any spelling errors or things that didn't make sense. Scrooge gets in the limousine just as I finish looking through them. "Off we go LaunchPad" Scrooge says and I hand him the daily paper. How he can read with the way LaunchPad drives I'm really not sure.

We take off and we're jostled around the seats as LaunchPad drives through the streets. "Just another day in the office, hey Mr McD? Haha, been there" LaunchPad says, taking his eyes off the packed roads, with one hand on the wheel to look back at us. "I don't have an office persay but in a way, the road is my office. Hey. That's deep, I gotta write that down" LaunchPad goes and feels around under his seat for a notepad and we swift around the road.

We end up knocking an outside table at a restaurant over, causing Scrooge to pop his head up and see what we hit. Panic strikes his face when he sees what LaunchPad was doing, anger quickly replacing it. "Eyes on the road McQuack!" He yells towards the deivers seat. "Every dent is coming out of your salary!"

"You know Mr McDuck, you should really let me drive one of these days. I'd probably still be better than LaunchPad even if I am 13" I say to him, clutching my shiny black laptop.
(Yeah, I dont know how old they are so they're 13 now)

"That's probably true but you could get sent to juvy and I could get arrested" He replies. I sigh and put my hoodie up. I have to leave it in the car for meetings but it's so soft that I just can't wait to wear it again.

"Hey, did you read about that crazy snow storm on the Grake Barrier Reef?" LaunchPad starts. "Man, I'd hate to fly into that one. You see I'm a bit of a pilot and uh, oh, ok. Goodbye, oh there you go" Scrooge closed the window between us and him so he wouldn't bother us as much. He can be really annoying sometimes. A few moments later, LaunchPad yells to signal us. "Hit the breaks!" Scrooge and I fly forward.