Chapter 10: Revelation at the Park

Nayeon's POV:

Once I got home. I decided to do some of my homework, so I could at least get some done. But mostly i'm just trying to get my mind not to think about going to the park and meeting Y/N there. By the time it was close to 3:00pm, I went into the bathroom.

I fixed up my hair, and my makeup. I then went into my bedroom to add some more perfume and retouch my make up. I then took my phone off the charger, and I headed downstairs. I met my mom in the kitchen, who was on her laptop.

"Hi sweetie." She said and didn't take her eyes off the laptop.

"Hey mom, I'm just going take a walk around the neighborhood." I told her. "So I'll probably be back in like a half hour."

"Okay, be safe." She smiled. I smiled back a little, and I headed out the door nervously.

I started walking down the sidewalk, towards the park. I just thought about what might happen while walking to the park, which made me a little more nervous. I made it to the park in about 8 minutes, and I noticed a familiar car in the parking lot, which is Y/N's car.

I checked my phone, and it was a little past 3:00pm. I walked inside the park, and I saw Y/N leaning against the tree, checking his phone. I slowly made my way towards him, and with my stomach getting into knots. I really have no idea why I'm feeling this way.

Once I got to him, he looked up from his phone. "Hey." I said.

"Hi." He replied with a little smile.

"So..." I said. It felt a little awkward when I got up to him.

"So...uh, do you wanna climb up this tree and talk?"

"Sure...but I might need some help climbing it." I giggled, and he let out a little laugh.

He moved from his spot off the tree, and I attempted to climb it. I had my hands on the tree trying to pull me up, but I felt Y/N's hands on the bottom of my shoes, trying to lift me up.

It seemed a little easy with his help, and I made it up into the tree. Y/N then climbed up the tree like it was no problem. I moved over a little so he could have some space to sit, and he sat across from me on the branch.

"Where should I start?" Y/N asked.

"Uh, doesn't matter." I said a little awkwardly. "What about last night?" I suggested.

"Oh, um...okay..." Y/N said uneasy. I was starting to feel a little bit nervous again. "Well...I was about to...uh, kiss you...mainly because...I like you..."

I froze right where I was. I was so shocked at his response. He likes me? I can't believe he does knowing the way he is. But does he really like me?

"But um, why'd you pull away?" I interrupted.

"It was because I knew you wouldn't want to be with a guy like me...even if you did, I know being the way I act, I would hurt you." He said looking down. "And you obviously don't like me...I can really tell. That's why I didn't wanna tell you before, cause of those reasons."

I cannot believe what he is telling me. So he likes me? But he thinks we shouldn't be in a relationship cause he would go for other girls? I kinda get it now, but this nervous feeling is going away now. I'm actually feeling relieved at what he told me.

"I don't know why, but I just felt attracted to you when I first saw you...and maybe even like you. You're just different from other girls that I've met, you know what i'm saying. I know I don't believe in relationships and stuff, but I think you made me believe to it." Y/N said feeling a little uncomfortable that he can't even look me in the eyes.