Chapter 2- Have To Be Here For The Right Reasons

                    All the limos and guys were in the house. There are video camera men scattered everywhere, filming me and everything inside. The producer signals me to go in the house and I nod, starting my short trek to the house. I navigate through the short hallway and turn the corner, seeing the big living room or whatever it's called, filled with 25 boys.

                                They all turn to look at me as I walk in, smiling. They clap, saying "Hello" and things. I look around the room quickly and notice Niall is the only one not in this room. I shrug to myself and wave, "Hello boys. I'm Alice Kenton, as you already know. So, I guess we'll just hang out and talk, what not. But remember, I have to give a first impression rose to someone and you'll be safe from elimination. If you're looking for a hook up, be free to leave because you certainly won't get one."

                               The guys looked around before about 5 guys walked out. Really? What was wrong with boys nowadays? So now it all came down to 20 guys. Well, 19 in this room. Where's Niall? I shrug it off as everyone chatters while drinking something. I decide to walk outside and just sit somewhere and if someone really wanted to talk to me, they could find me. I walked out the back door and sat on an outside couch. I sigh and lean my head back, looking at the stars.

                              "Hey Alice." A voice said. I sit up straight and see that Ashton boy I saw earlier. "Hey...Ashton. What's up?" He shrugs and sits down beside me.

                                 "I think some of the guys aren't here for the right reasons." He blurts.

                                   I furrow my eyebrows, "What do mean?"

                                  "I think that one or two is just here for publicity. Or to get noticed and more girls to like them or something." He says, rubbing the back of his neck. I raise an eyebrow, is this a trick or the truth?

                                "Who do you think?" I ask, crossing my arms across my chest and leaning into the back of the couch.

                                  He furrowed his eyebrows, "That....Jake, uh, Ricardo guy? And maybe...Niall. that blonde Irish one. My sister loves him. It'd make sense for him to come here for publicity for the band." I nod my head, taking in what he said. Could it be true? It did make sense in Niall's situation. I rack my brain trying to remember a Jake Ricardo. Oh! He was a tan, buff guy with black spiky hair and brown eyes. He said he wanted--oh, that makes sense. if he was an actor trying to find jobs, he could be displaying his acting skills right here. No better way to do it, right? On a hit new TV show.

                               "Well thank you Ashton. I'll take it in consideration and confront them." I said as I got up from my seat. He nods and gets up too. "Thanks for listening." He smiled. I nod my head in return, smiling. He walks off and I walk around out here on the outdoor patio to see if I could find Jake or Niall. I see someone's pants rolled up, right above their knee caps with their feet in the pool. I walk closer and see a red polo, tan trousers, and blonde spiky-ish, fo-hawk hair. It was Niall.

                              I take a deep breath and smooth down the front of my dress. I think I do that when I'm nervous. I walk over and Niall, sensing a presence, turned around.

                              "Hey." He mumbled then looked out at the view that you see after the cliff the pool was set on. I bend down and take off my high heels. I stand beside Niall and hike my dress to right above my knees before sitting beside him, putting my feet in the water. The water felt nice and warm. There was a couple inches of space between me and Niall, but felt like a stone wall of tensity was between us. I look at the view, smiling softly. It was dark and the city was ablaze with lights, making everything pretty and you could see the full moon and billions of stars twinkling in the sky. After inspecting the view a little, I turn to look at Niall and was surprised to see he was already looking at me. He blushes and quickly looks away and I chuckle. He was so...middle school.

                               "I need to know the truth, Niall." I state, putting some of my blonde hair behind my ear because it was getting annoying, layering in front of my face.

                                He shifts his weight uncomfortably and looks at me, "Uh, what truth are you talking about?"

                                "Cut the crap, Niall. Are you here just because your mates forced you or publicity for your band or are you here to look for a possibility of like...or love....ugh. Whatever, you know what I mean." I put my arms in my lap and play with my fingers, looking away from Niall and back at the view. I could feel his gaze on me as he cleared his throat.

                                        "Well, the lads did force me to be here, BUT, because I wanted to find that special one, someone that I could date and love, you know?"

                                           I turn to look at him raising an eyebrow, "Yes, I do know. I did join this show for a reason, not to hook up. I want to find someone to love. Hopefully, one of the guys here tonight. But I might not. It matters."  He tilts his head to the side a little and stares into my blue eyes. Gosh, why couldn't I have his eye color? His were a bright blue that could trap you. His eyes are evil, I tell you....evil. I skake my head a little to get out of his trance that his eyes held me in.

                                        EVIL...........

                                        "If you don't think you'll find anything with me...in a romantic way, I suggest you leave." I say then get up from my spot beside him. I let my dress flow back down to my feet and bend down to grab my shoes. I walk back to the house with my shoes in my hands as I felt Niall's gaze on me while I walked away.

                                        "Now where's that Jake Ricardo...." I mutter under my breath as I walk into the room where all the other guys are chatting and milling around.