two {Arya's POV}

"Make sure you study chapter 7 before next week. I may or may not be doing a pop quiz about it!" our teacher called before we exited the classroom. 

"Wanna go to Subhaven?" Skye asked. 

I shook my head. "No, sorry. I'm gonna go for a run with my father and stepmom," I told her.

"Oh, come on. It's been so long since we've been to Subhaven without the guys," she pouted. 

"I'll make it up to you. I promise," I said. 

"Well, have fun, I suppose. I'll see you in calc." Skye hugged me shortly before I retreated to the bathroom where I changed into deep blue sports leggings and a black top. I replaced my boots with running shoes and tied my hair up in a high ponytail. I had chosen not to wear too much makeup this morning so it wouldn't drip off after the run.

I stuffed everything in my locker before I popped in my headphones and put my phone in the pocket of my jacket. Tony and I were meeting in the park so that was where I headed. I did a slow jog to warm myself and my muscles up. I did not feel like getting a sore body this time. 

As I passed through the entrance of the park, I already spotted Tony and Pepper. I approached them with a grin. "Look at that. She actually showed up," Tony called.

"Of course I sh- Wait, you didn't think I was going to come?" I asked. 

"I did. He didn't," Pepper chimed. 

"Tony!" I gasped, lightly punching his arm. 

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Don't hit your father, young lady," he sternly said with a joking undertone. 

"You started by saying I wasn't going to come!" I shot back. 

"Alright, alright," he laughed before he let me go. "Let's get going." 

As we jogged through the park, Tony came up to me. "So how's school?" he asked. 

"Busy. Finals are coming up and I'm swamped with homework," I huffed. 

"If you need help with anything, your father happens to be a genius on basically every field," he boasted. I sent him a sceptical look. 

"Even Spanish?" I asked. 

"Okay, maybe not every field," he said and I let out a laugh. "And what about Parker? Still going strong?" he asked. 

I smiled. "Definitely. He's great."

"Good." We arrived at a large tree where we decided to stop. I leaned my hands on my knees as I tried to catch my breath. Tony stripped himself from his jacket that he then loosely tied around his neck. The brightly glowing arc reactor that was embedded in his chest revealed itself. 

"Oh, Arya, I've been meaning to ask you," Pepper spoke up. "Would you like to be my Maid of Honour at the wedding?"

"Are you serious?" I asked and she nodded. "Pepper, I would love to!" I hugged her tightly. 

"Are you sure? I don't want to burden you with any extra work-"

"Pepper, it's fine. I'll make it work. Don't worry about it," I said, smiling happily. I turned to my father. "Tony, do you have a Best Man already?" 

He shook his head. "I'm torn between a couple of people if I'm honest," he answered. 

"Let me guess, Bruce or Rhodey?" I said. "You know, even though Bruce hasn't been here for, like, two years." 

He frowned. "How did you know?"

"Because I know you," I said. "And I'm your kid so that always helps."