A Happy Family

AN: Can you guys believe it?!! An update! From me?! An update for Changed... I can literally feel the disbelief 😂.

I jokingly challenged my friends on twitter for a summary of the story so far in order to receive an update, and surprisingly @Sh_aarohi obliged (I did not think anyone would actually do it). Since it's been so long, if you've forgotten then check out her summary first:

https://twitter.com/arohicreations/status/1066537704161140736

So let's look at the difference between real happiness and a facade of the same. The Oberois live in the lap of luxury, but it is in the humble home occupied by Gauri and Aadya that Omkara tastes true joy.

There is a bit of a cross-over starting from this chapter... hope it's well-received.

Warning: Sarcasm and bashing is part and parcel of my writing when it comes to certain flawed characters. If it seems distasteful then please avoid reading anything about these individuals.

Oberoi Mansion (skip to avoid my satire)

Money cannot buy happiness. A simple concept.

The Oberois are well educated people, yet they lack this basic understanding. People would think they are simply impossibly arrogant, but the truth is that these people are in fact just ignorant. Ignorant of their reality, because they see themselves through the same rose-tinted glass that they wish the world to see them through. Perhaps they could have overcome this lack of insight had it not been for the fools surrounding them. Unfortunately, the Oberois are surrounded 24/7 by crazy individuals who laude their mistakes and crib and cry whenever they show any character growth and attempt to apologise for their numerous wrongs. Yes, I'm talking about the Oberois' fans. In particular, the most obsessive and possessive of the lot - the fans of Shivaay and Anika.

These guys are not to be messed with folks. They are dedicated to filling the Oberois' heads with delusions, ones of grandeur and heroism, when really they are just being unnecessarily foolish. Luckily for us Gauri abandoned this mad-house and now Omkara has followed her too, or our tale would be one about the valour of the eldest brother and his utter failures in love, still it is only right to take a glance back at those hallowed halls (TBH Gul's budget is such that these characters can only function in the Oberoi Mansion, they don't have any scenes elsewhere), away from the natural beauty of the Kashmiri Mountains.

The tired servants had just completed taking down the decorations from ShivIka's 1200th wedding and were eager to remove them from Shivaay's sight before he decided to go for 1201. For fear of having to bleach the marble of the main hallway again, they also made sure that no red paint was anywhere in the vicinity. As they worked briskly in hiding away the artificial flowers for next time, two of the maids began their favourite hobby, idle chitchat.

"Kya yaar, shaadi kar karke thaktha nahin yeh aadmi? What yaar, does this man not get tired of getting married?" Khushi mumbled to Payal's ear.

"Shaadi tak toh teekh hai, par paint wali suhaag raat karna toh bandh kare. Kuch toh sharam honi chahiye. Pichli baar toh Dadi koh laga ke hoon zameen par para hua hai. Cheekh rahin thi woh, 'itna sab kuch hogaya, aur humein patah tak nahin chala!' Wedding is still fine, but he should at least stop his paint wedding night. He should have at least some shame. Last tme Dadi thought blood was on the floor. She was screaming, 'so much happened, and we didn't even find out!'" Payal whispered back, her nose wrinkled in disgust.

"Iss ghar mein Rudy Bhaiyya keh sivaa, sab pagal hain. Haan woh thoda kam sochte hain, par apne rishtedaaron se toh behetar hain. In this house, everyone but Rudy Bhaiyya is crazy. Yes he doesn't use his brain enough, but he's better than his relatives." Khushi carefully folded the garland in her hands.