"Hot box what???" I asked confused then he points at the microwave behind me.

"I am not to use the hot box thingy yet, my brain is fried that's why I can't think of the name yet" Sam says pouting I smile as I touched the tip of his nose gently.

"No problem little prince" I microwaved everything before serving it to him, he scarfs down the cookies and takes a hand full bite of the muffin before taking a huge gulp of the warm milk, he talk about himself and what he got for Christmas last year in between bites.

"Do you need me to take you to your room little prince?" I asked him standing up from the stool once he was satisfied with his late night snack. He shakes his head as he slides down from the stool he sat on, he accidentally pulls the cup he used to drink his milk with and it falls to the ground shattering spilling it's left over content and making a mess Sam looks at me worried.

"Don't worry little prince I'll clean it up" I said reassuring Sam, he nods as I lift him up carefully so as not to step on the glass shards and carry him to his room.

"Thanks Sage" He says as I lay him down to sleep.

"No problem little Prince" I replied him as I pecked him goodnight on his fore head

"Good night Sage"

"Good night little Prince" I say to him silently shutting the door behind me.

I quickly hurry to the kitchen to clean up the mess but was surprised to see the kitchen all cleared up, Xavier was sitting on one of the kitchen stools operating his phone.

How long was I?.

Just then Xavier looks up from his phone his facial expression was much softer and much gentle compared to a few minutes ago, he gesture for me to have a sit on one of the kitchen stools and I do so sitting two stools away from him, he looks at me before standing and taking a seat right beside me.
I immediately start shaking, I was terrified and even tried to move but he stops me.

He seems to notice how nervous I am around him and he sets his phone down in the counter and I looked away nervously trying to avoid his gaze,, his huge hand cup my face and moves it so that I was facing him directly.

"I am sorry" Xavier says a I was lost beyond word the guy who I pissed off was apologising the guy with the air of arrogance and pride what's with the butterfly in my stomach .

Then I noticed it, an ear bud in his ear, he was talking to someone, great just when I thought I was receiving an apology. He talks into the ear piece for a while before removing it.

"So Mrs Sage." He starts but I interrupt him.

"Its Miss not Mrs" I corrected.

"Oh I thought you were..um never mind" He was genuinely shocked
"I thought you were...um Married." I shook my head.

"OK lets get down to business Miss Sage what qualifications do you have" He asked with an arrogant tone, I almost roll my eye.
After four days that's when you decide to ask what a load of BS.

"I had a little brother who I used to take care of and I did babysitting gigs when I was in college" He nods before saying

"Had??" He asks

"Yeah" I replied my heart aching at the thought of my brother.

"What happened??" He asks with a hint of concern. I don't know if he's faking it but if he is then he is definitely a good actor.

"He died" I answer

"How?"

Xavier stared at me with concern which I wasn't sure if it was real or not. He stared urging me to go on.

"I don't want to talk about it" I tell him to which he nods in understanding before his face returned to it's original stoic expression.

"You are not even qualified, then why the hell are you here?" He asks staring straight at me like I have a bomb on my head

"Excuse me, What do you mean?" I ask confused

"Don't play dumb, are you one of the media spies?" He asks suspiciously, gripping my hand tightly in the process

"Oww you're hurting me" I cry

"Answer me." He growls angrily

"I don't know what you are talking about" I reply, his grip tighten before he let go of my wrist which had turn into a beautiful shade of red.

'asshole'

"I am not playing by anything"
He glares at me more

"If I did won't I have gotten what I wanted and be off to live my life besides, I signed a contract I can't be dumb enough to break it" I argued my temper almost getting the best of me.

"Now if you'll excuse me"

I stood up to retire to my room, the whole weeks event finally taking a toll on me I close my eyes and sigh.

why!!

The rest of the week went by fast I didn't have any close encounter with Xavier except exchange of pleasantry which came as a shock to me.

He had been home more often which made the children very happy and made me very much confused.

On my last night with the knights

(see what I did there😂🤸🏽‍♀️)

I decide to bake a cake with the kids.
It was a wild idea especially when it came to Sam and Wynn who were notorious for doing the exact opposite of what you tell them to do.

"I want strawberries in the cake a lot of them" Sam says

I just nod knowing the result is going to be a catastrophic.

"Yeah and lots and lots of sprinkles" Wynn added

I split the work between myself and the kids.

Xavier joined a little while after.
At first it was tense because he was quite stiff and kept staring at me making me really uncomfortable.

Luckily the whole mood change when Wynn blasts her music through the loud speakers.

We went from laughing at Xavier dancing to shake it off by taylor swift to him belting out the lyrics to sweet but a psycho by Ava max.

It turned out horrible.