Mistletoe Wishes (Twelve Days of Choicemas Day 1) (MaxwellxMC)

Authors Note: Hello! Welcome to twelve days of Choicemas (Christmas but you get it). For the next Twelve days, leading up to Christmas, I will be posting choices fanfic that relate to Christmas. The first fanfic I'm writing is about, oh what a surprise, Maxwell! The last fanfic I think I wrote for Christmas was about Maxwell and then two days later, he became an li, so maybe when I post this they'll announce TRR book 4? Or a holiday story? (Doubtful but a girl can dream.) Anyways, Enjoy!
Edit: they announced the TRR follow up series and I'm hyped!

Paring: MaxwellxMC (Emily) (Slight OliviaxDrake)

Rating: Teen

Plot: Maxwell and Emily spend their first Christmas together as a married couple.

Word Count: 2269

...

Emily's POV

It was that time of year again. The tree was up, the lights were hanging, and Christmas decorations were everywhere around the palace.

After everything that happened this year, we all decided to have a quiet Christmas. No elaborate balls, just our friends, spending the holidays together.

Ever since I came to Cordonia, everything was elaborate so I'm glad to have some quiet time to settle down.

It was the first Christmas Maxwell and I were spending together as a married couple. He didn't want a super big Christmas which I had agreed to not knowing that I had a big gift for him.

I was standing in the bathroom looking at my pregnancy test. Positive.

I was worried about this. Sure, Maxwell and I had defiantly talked about having kids but we weren't planning on them super soon.

I was happy and overjoyed but I was also worried about how Maxwell would take the news. Were we ready for this? We got married back in the summer so it's only been a couple months.

I took a deep breath staring at the test, before hearing the door open to the bedroom and I quickly hide it away.

I peek into the other room and I see Maxwell smiling at me.

"Hey little blossom!" he says smiling at me.

I walk over to him and quickly kiss him on the lips. "Hey," I say a little nervously which Maxwell seems to sense.

"Is something wrong?" he asks.

I shake my head. "No, nothing is wrong. Nothing at all."

He gives me a look feeling a bit unsure.

"I'm fine. I'm happy!" I say. "It's Christmas eve. How could I not be happy?" I say.

The test was hiding in my sleeve and I was really hoping he coudln't tell. He didn't seem to. Good.

"So what do you think about kids?" I ask out of the blue.

He raises an eyebrow at the odd question. Now I was defiantly being obvious.

He smiles lightly. "I love them obviously! They're big balls of energy just like me!" he says enthusiastically.

"How soon would you want to have kids?" I ask nervously.

He pauses and thinks for a moment still not taking the hint. "I don't know. Not for a while." he says. "I mean we only just got married. Is it a bit too soon?"

'Is nine months a while?' I thought to myself.

"Why?" he asks and my eyes widen. "Do you want kids?"