Chapter 32: Baby I'm Yours (Final Chapter)

Start from the beginning

But how exactly did that help me? How was I supposed to know what guy was the road less traveled by? Thanks for nothing, Frost.

In a rush of indecision I started walking to wherever my feet carried me to and that just so happened to be in River’s direction. He smiled up at me but just as I was getting there a dark head stepped up to River, way too close for my liking. I decided to give him and the girl some space before I noticed who exactly it was. Tara was standing there laughing at something he had said and touching his arm flirtatiously. If I was a cartoon my face would have turned red and smoke would be coming out of my ears. Couldn’t she chose one of her many boy toys to sink her claws in? Why was she hanging around River?

Without thinking twice I turned around and headed towards Will. I don’t know who exactly I was trying to annoy here. Was I rubbing it in Tara’s face that Will would always chose me over her or was I trying to irritate River? Maybe both. But whatever it was possessed me to walk right up to him and greet him with a big friendly hug.

He seemed a bit surprised at first but quickly reciprocated.

“Morning Will,” I greeted sweetly.

“Hey, not that I’m complaining but what’s up with the warm hello?”

“Can’t I be nice to you once in a while?” I asked with an arched eyebrow.

“Sure, whenever you want darling,” he replied. Just out of curiosity I looked over Will’s shoulder and found River glaring at us. Ha.

“So what are you doing out here? Waiting for someone?”

“Yes and she’s standing right here,” he said adorably. Suddenly I started feeling bad. I was his first choice and here I was using him as my second choice. River would always come first to me.

“So are we going to pick up Collin later?”

“You’ll go with me?” he asked surprised.

“Of course. But first I have to stop and pick up a PEZ,”

“Awesome. He’ll be happy to see you…and the PEZ,” we laughed. The shrill sound of the bell rang out and like a wave moving in sync the students started flooding in through the gates. We followed right behind them. But I never made it inside because someone gripped my wrist and pulled me towards them. I turned around ready to yank my arm away when I noticed it was a very irritated looking River. Will waved goodbye and disappeared inside.

“What’s up with you? Is ditching me going to become a regular thing for you?” River asked annoyed. I noticed that he still had a tight grip on my wrist as if he were afraid that I would vanish if he let me go.

“Excuse me?” I questioned back with a raised brow.

“Don’t play with me, you know exactly what I mean,” he growled.

“Actually I don’t because if I recall correctly you were the one who was busy with Tara before not the other way around.”

“What does Tara have to do with anything? And at least I’m not choosing her over you like you’re doing. First I find Will shirtless at your house, then you ditch me at the tree house to hang out with him and now you see me standing here waiting for you and instead you chose Will AGAIN! Meanwhile we need to have a serious talk and you keep avoiding me. Our relationship is at stake and you find it more important to chat with Will? Do I come second to him now?” In all the time we had been together I had never herd River sound so mad at me.   

“Please calm down and stop overreacting. It’s not like that and you know it. Now can we please talk about this after class? I’m going to be late,”