Nightmares

credit: is-it-high-or-hay

Lucas: ”Babe,” Luke whispered trying to wake you up. You had been tossing and turning for the last 15 minutes, and he had gotten worried listening to your small whimpers and seeing beads of sweat collect on your forehead. “Baby, wake up!” Giving up on the desire to be gentle, Luke instead opted to shake you awake until you opened your eyes. You sat up straight immediately, with wide eyes and uneven breaths. “L-Luke?” You let out a quiet whimper as Luke took you into his warm arms and pressed your head against his shirtless chest. “It’s okay, beautiful. I’m right here. You’re safe now. You’re okay,” your boyfriend murmured to you, swaying you lightly in his arms. And in that moment with Luke, you knew you were truly safe. 

Michael: You noticed that Michael wasn’t starting his normal bed routine. He was still in the living room with all of the lights on, and he was sitting up like he was trying not to get too comfortable. “Babe? Whatcha doin?” You padded toward him, and immediately began to rub his shoulders when you reached your spot behind him. “I’m just not tired yet,” he said quietly, trying to suppress a yawn. You gave him a look that clearly expressed that you didn’t believe him. Leaning in to press a kiss to his cheek, you asked him “Are you not sleeping because of that movie we watched today?” He nodded sheepishly with a small smile. “I don’t wanna have a nightmare.” You smiled and moved to sit on his lap. “Aw don’t worry, Mikey. I’ll keep you safe, you big baby.” You both laughed as Michael picked you up and carried you toward the bedroom, deciding that with you there, he would never feel scared. 

Ashton: "Daddy, I had a night scare." Ashton reluctantly peeled his eyes open and released his tight grip on you, only to roll over and look straight into the eyes of his baby girl. Sighing, Ashton sat up and grabbed his daughter from her place on the floor, putting her on his chest. He looked over to make sure you were still resting peacefully, and then asked his daughter, "You had a night scare baby? What happened?" She shook her head at her daddy, letting small tears stream down her face and small whimpers escape from her house. The little one clearly didn’t want to talk about what had gotten her so upset, but she leaned forward on her father’s chest and wrapped her tiny arms around his neck. "Can I sleep with you and mumma?" He smiled at his beautiful girl, and immediately laid back down, reaching our for your hand, and resting the other on the toddlers back as she fell into a more calm and peaceful slumber. 

Calum: A bright light flashed in the darkness of his hotel room. Loud vibrations sounded throughout the room prompting a very sleepy Calum to blindly reach out for his cell phone. Once he saw your picture flash across the screen, he answered. “Hello? Is everything okay, (Y/N)?” All he heard in response was sniffling. You looked at your clock and saw that it was just over midnight where you were, so it had to be at least 3 or 4am where Calum was. You immediately felt bad for bothering him, but you needed your boyfriend right now. “Cal? I had a nightmare, and now I can’t sleep.” As soon as he heard this, he knew he had to stay on the line with you for a little while to comfort you enough to get you back to sleep. “I love you so much, Baby. You know I would never leave you. It was just a dream okay?” You nodded even though he couldn’t see it over the phone. “Okay. I love you, Cali. I miss you so much,” you told him. “I love you more, Baby. And I’ll be home soon. Go to sleep princess, and I’ll call you in the morning.” And he made sure to follow through the next morning.