Chapter 2

Seyvanna

I'm not at all excited about how the evening is going. I thought I would go home to the mansion, go to my room and sleep, as I am still dizzy. But obviously Mikhaïl has arranged a little meeting with the family. They're practically all here partying. They were waiting for us. The interior reeks of cigars and cigarettes, and throughout each room, gang members are either doing drugs or groping and kissing each other. Others are playing poker in the living room, with half-naked chicks. Alcohol is flowing, there are bottles everywhere. As soon as he arrives, my brother is offered a beer and is welcomed like a god. But Mikhaïl would not let me go - even though he knew I hated small parties - he put a possessive arm around my shoulders so that I would stay close to him while continuing to greet the family and the gang members with a handshake. My dad is obviously not there, so I ask:

"Where is he?"

"Who?" he says, still smiling at one of his buddies and giving him a hug.

"You know very well who I mean, Mikhaïl. Our father would never have allowed a party in the mansion. Normally, everyone meets either in the basement of one of our bars or in the industrial district, where our sheds with the armory's stock of arrivals are located."

"He's sick, you know that Seyv..." he mumbles not too loudly so that everyone does not know. "He won't be here for a while, don't worry."

The godfather is deteriorating day by day. He has a generalized cancer. He is under the care of an oncologist every day. My father never goes to the hospital. In the family, we all stay together. If one of us is sick, we have everything we need, including all the medical staff we can get. We have a doctor and a surgeon, both corrupt, and very loyal to the family.

Mikhaïl gulps down half his beer and lights a cigarette. While he is not restraining me anymore, I take the opportunity to escape. What I find strange is that normally when my brother comes back with the six hundred thousand, my father and my uncle immediately take it and launder it. They don't leave it lying around the mansion like Mikhaïl does.

With a dry throat, I go to the kitchen for a drink. I see Tracy and Lee. Tracy is blonde, tall and looks like the Russian model Sasha Luss. But she's a bitch. She has a crush on my brother and is constantly seducing and manipulating him. If she doesn't let go of him, it's to have a good status by becoming his official girlfriend, to be protected and respected like any good wife of the mafia godfather. She knows that he will be the boss. Lee is her opposite in every way: black hair, now shaved, dark eyes, and she is an expert in martial arts. Lee is highly trained, strong and has been wielding weapons since childhood. She never misses her target. She is a hardened gangsta. Unlike Tracy, Lee prefers female flesh, so she doesn't get her hooks into the men in my family. I can trust her blindly; we tell each other almost everything.