⠀⠀𝟬𝟰. ❛ TALK FAST ❜

Start from the beginning

     The redhead burst into a fit of laughter at the awful impression, covering her mouth with her hand as Erin playfully glared at her. Piper jumped up and skipped over to the stove, peering down at the charcoal-colored pancake. Scrunching up her nose in a similar fashion, she glanced over. "Erin, you have failed to cook this breakfast," she said in a low voice, and the latter rolled her eyes.

     "The universe just hates me, Pipes. No matter how often I cook a pancake, it always turns out like this. I swear, the world is truly homophobic." Erin huffed, turning off the stove.

     "E, it could literally be raining outside, and you'd blame it on you being gay." Piper picked up the frying pan and walked over to the trashcan, dumping the rock-hard pancake into it.

     "Hey! Mother Nature could be homophobic. You never know!"

     Piper just laughed as she placed the pan and spatula in the sink, smiling over at the dark-skinned girl. "Cereal sounds good, doesn't it?" she suggested, and Erin nodded, huffing again.

     After grabbing a box of Captain Crunch and almond milk, the redhead sat down at the table, crossing her legs in her chair. Taking a spoonful of cereal, she shoved it in her mouth and chewed quietly. "What'd you write in it?" Piper asked, referring to the black leather-bound journal that sat on the table.

     Erin turned to the page she had written earlier that morning and slid the journal across the table. Piper's chocolate-brown eyes read over the neat printing, "You asked me to follow you into the field silently. So, I did. I chased after you in a never-ending field of flowers that grew higher over time. I chased after you, blinded by love. I chased after you because I wanted you to be mine. You asked me to stay. So, I did." Furrowing her brows, she looked up. "Talia?"

     Erin nodded and reached over, grabbing her book while the speedster stared at her. "I thought you were over her?" she asked, slightly confused. Erin sighed in response.

     "I am, but I had a dream about her last night," she shoved a spoonful of cereal into her mouth, talking as she chewed, "and it was weird like Marty and the Polaroid weird. As the poem states, I followed her in this field of flowers. After every twenty steps, the flowers would grow a foot higher, blocking the sunlight from view. Toward the end of the dream, she asked me to stay, so I did, or at least I think I did. I woke up right before I was about to answer."

     Piper nodded in understanding and continued eating. "Maybe the dream was trying to tell you something?" she suggested.

     "I guess, but I don't know what it meant. I haven't talked to Talia in seven months, and it will stay that way. Trust me, sister."

     "Please don't call me that,"

     "Why not?! It's cute!"

     "No, it's not."

────

     GROANING, PIPER SLAMMED HER HEAD AGAINST THE KITCHEN TABLE; ERIN WAS CLAPPING EXCITEDLY IN THE BACKGROUND. "I was fucking right! For once, I was right!" For someone who was rarely right about anything, Erin was ecstatic.

     The redhead slammed her head against the table again. "Yeehaw," she grumbled.

     Eight hours ago, Piper was informed, thank you cameras, that the Harrison Wells she encountered two weeks ago was indeed from Earth-Two. It wasn't until Erin got home from work three minutes ago that she found out and was throwing a mini party for herself.