17. Breakups & i love you's

Betsy POV

"you can't possibly be mad at me" I yelled at ashton. We were the only ones in the house everyone was outside. "What do you mean you made out with Calum!" He yelled back. "You said you would sleep with my best friend instead of me!" I yelled tears filling my eyes. "I didn't know you found me so repulsive" I sniffed. He looked at me and sighed and walked over to me.

"Baby" he said wrapping his arms around my waist. "Don't" I said pushing him off me wiping my eyes. "I didn't know what you wanted me to say! If I said you then luke would've beat me up and been suspicious!" He said. "No he wouldn't of you over think things!" I said throwing my hands up. "It's fine I get it" I mumbled. "Oh god I'm sorry" he said. "No I understand you'd rather sleep with courtney then me" I said walking away. "Stop" he said grabbing my wrist. "You know maybe you should just date courtney" I mumbled.

"I don't want to date courtney" he said giving me a sad look. "Maybe this was a mistake" I said looking at him pulling my arm back. "Wait betsy no" he said running in front of me to stop me.

"What? Obviously you like courtney and I'm just-"

"I don't like courtney I'm in love with you!" He yelled but then covered his mouth.

"You-you What?" I asked.

"Nothing I just said I don't like courtney then I just stop talking" he said going red.

"Did did you just say you loved me?" I asked. he just looking down turning red. I tilted his head up and kissed him. "I love you too" I smiled. He smiled and kissed me. "I'm sorry for kissing Calum" I said looking down. "It's ok" he said softly. "If it makes you feel better your a better kisser than him" I smiled. "Damn right I am" he laughed grabbing my hand and walking back outside.

-

"I'm happy for you" courtney said half smiling. "I thought you'd be more excited. What's up?" I said sitting on my bed next to her. "I am, I don't know it's stupid" she said shrugging it off. "Michael hasn't said it has he?" I asked. She didn't say anything just looked down. "Have you said it?" I asked. "I want him to say it first, I don't know he's weird about commitment. I've asked him about stuff like that and our future but he always shrugs it off" she frowned.

"He loves you courtney, I see it in the way he looks at you. So what he doesn't have the balls to say it?" I said. "I guess your right" she said. "I guess? Bitch I'm right on the dot" I laughed making her laugh.

-

I walked in school with courtney and I saw missy talking to Ashton. I stopped. "What's wrong?l courtney said turning around. She looked forward. "Hey Cmon" She said grabbing my arm. We walked up to them but I stood behind courtney. "Need something? We were in the middle of a conversation. Right ashy?" She said looking at him. "Can you like scattatle you are invading my air space" courtney said looking at missy. "What?" She said caught off guard.

"Sorry do I need to say it slower?" she asked patting her not the head. She rolled her eyes and walked away. "Your a bitch" Ashton laughed. "Sucks to suck" she laughed. Me and Ashton both looked at her. "Ok ok I get it I'm not welcome I'll go find Michael" she said throwing her hands up laughing. "So you and missy?" I asked as we walked to class. "Shut up" he laughed. "She's annoying" he laughed.
We sat down at first period and turned to tell courtney something but she wasn't there. I looked at Michael he had his head down on his desk. I shrugged.

-

The day went by quickly I told luke to drop me off at courtney's because I was worried about her. I walked up to it and knocked on the door but no one answered. I opened it and walked in. I thought I heard nosies from courtney's room. "Hey bitch why were you not at sc-" I stopped when I saw her. Her eyes were red and puffy. There were hundreds of tissues everywhere and she was eating chocolate ice cream. "Why are you crying?" I asked running over to her. She started crying. "M-Michael broke up w-with me" she said putting her hands in her face.

"Oh no I'm sorry" I said coming over and hugging her. "I don't know if I did something wrong or?" She said wiping her eyes. "No of course you didn't he's a stupid boy" I said. "He's not stupid I love him" she cried. "Awe do you know why?" I asked her. "Commitment issues I told you that" she said calming down. "I need to make him jealous" she said.

"No courtney you'll regret-"

"Can I make out with your brother?" She asked me excitedly.

"Um no" I said.

"Please betsy your with his best friend why he can't be with your?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. "Courtney, trust me you don't wanna kiss luke you don't know where his mouths been" I said. "Your right I want Michael's mouth" she said crying on my shoulder again. "Ok I'm not gonna comment on how gross that is right now since your hurting but listen, you don't him" I said trying to comfort her. Before she respond the doorbell rang.

we both got up. She walked to the door and opened it and then closed it. "What's wrong?" I asked. "It's him" she said wiping his eyes. "Please open the door courtney I need to talk to you" he said through the door. "Let me handle this" I said opening the door. Michaels eyes widened when he saw me. "Listen here you little-" I started poking his chest. "Betsy stop" she said grabbing my arm. "What do you want?" She said trying not to sound upset. "You" he said frowning. She scoffed. "You broke up with me and honestly I don't wanna deal with it anymore" she said starting to close the door.

"Wait" he said putting the foot in the door. "Please" he said tearing up. Courtney looked him. "I'm sorry" she said closing the door and then started bawling.

Word count: 1080

sorry this chapter wasn't really ab besty and Ashton but it will be next chapter