X - Lorraine's Truth

Chapter X

Lorraine's Truth

LORRAINE

Guinevere and Lorraine had a marvelous time in the Enchanted Forest. They've seen more and more creatures than the last. They never knew elephants can go as high as 10 feet more than the standard height. And who would've believed it? Unicorns exist! And they are glorious; they are just as how everyone imagined them to be-snow white in color, a single twisted horn on the head, , their golden manes and tails shining brightly as it reflects the sunlight, and a rainbow wave of light trailing behind them as they galloped smoothly across the green field. Nobody can ever top Lorraine's ecstasy in that moment. She just wished she could've shared the view with her sister, Laura. As kids they both dreamt of discovering the unicorns despite knowing that it was impossible, given that the existence of these creatures are since long ago believed to be extinct, or perhaps have never existed at all. In all honesty, Lorraine could admit that speaking of the Enchanted has considered being taboo, the history of their disappearance long forgotten.

However, she willed herself that the moment she takes the throne of Bondoc, the very kingdom which was said in ancient times, was responsible for the Enchanted's disappearance and breakage of the alliance between human and Enchanted, she will completely get rid of the barrier dividing the two worlds. That is, if she was able to lift the spell on time. 

Yet, she didn't want to worry about that at the moment, after all, she still has 2 days until her 18th birthday. She guaranteed that she and her prince charming will finally meet within 2 days time, for now, she was having a vacation, a more relaxing, anxious-and-paranoid-from-a-fire-breathing-dragon-and-a-10-foot-tall-giant less vacation. Here, she din't have to be anxious among these creatures now, they were all warm and kind, despite the not so welcoming attitude towards Guinevere in the beginning. Though she understood that they were only trying to protect themselves.

"Hey," a familiar voice said from behind. The girl was smiling when she turned around. It was only a few minutes ago when Gwen caught the blonde watching her from the tree house balcony, as she was talking with Clockwise's new found animal friends. Because of this, she gave her a smile, stood up from the circle of talking animals and now, here she is-smiling sheepishly, unsure of what to say to her. "What are you doing up here alone? Dinner's about to start," Gwen said instead.

"I needed time to think," the blonde said, turning back around towards the view she was admiring before (besides Gwen, of course). She hasn't even payed attention to the sunset afar. She didn't know she can see it from here until just now.

"What do you even have to think about? Lighten up, there's a whole new world before you, don't let your thoughts cloud your mind," Gwen said, joining her at the edge, staring straight at the sunset. Lorraine glanced at her, she talked as if she knew exactly what she was feeling right now. Could it be that she saw her cry to Mama? She really hoped Gwen hasn't seen that, it would seem really suspicious, and she wasn't quite ready to tell her the truth yet, Gwen was definitely not ready for it. And yet Gwen wasn't mentioning that part to her, suppose she hasn't seen it at all?

They didn't speak for another solid minute, both had just watched the sun slowly hide behind the other side of the earth. The Enchanted creatures started opening the lights bit by bit, creating another colorful night like the last. "Imagine living here, everything is just...perfect." Lorraine said in a low tone.

She felt the taller girl look at her, almost waiting for her to at least acknowledge her statement. Slowly, she returned the girl's gaze, and she had a rather worried look on her face, "Your arrival in Anoroc is due tomorrow, Rain. Prince Benedict will be waiting for you, presumably at the chapel already," Gwen slightly joked, but it didn't help ease the feelings of Lorraine, not even a bit. She wished Gwen understood her more, and that she'd rather be more on her side than her prince charming, who didn't even bother exerting efforts into rescuing her himself, it was disrespectful, and how could she even trust a man such as him?