Hour 2

In a dark and spooky basement of a lonely Mansion in a parallel forest of the beyond, Ark and Teris, along with the rest of Pack A Shouts. "The Murderer's went up that way!"

"Let's get them!" shouted the butcher's son.

"Should we go tell Pack B what we found out down here before we chase them?" Teris asked.

"Teris we have to chase them before we lose them." Ark said.

"But that doesn't seem too safe.

"Hey Teris, I'll go up to the other group with you and Ark will go with the rest of them to find the killer." Brett said.

"But I don't want to split up from Ark, it isn't safe."

"Ark will be a hero."

"Okay fine." Teris said as he begins walking up the stairs to Pack B. Brett turns to Ark and whispers "Ark be careful, we will catch up with you soon."

"Got it!" Ark replied. "Come on Pack A." Pack A proceeds up the stairs that the shadows were.

"Where do these stairs lead?" said Venture Girl.

"I don't think it leads anywhere in the Manor." said the Tavern Keeper's Daughter.

"It seems like a different part of the house altogether." said Ark.

"It's almost like a watchtower. The stairs just keep going in a spiral." said The Butcher's Son. The pack makes it to the top of the spiral stairs to a hallway, with bookshelves along the walls and three doors. One door to the left and right and one at the end of the hall.

"They must have gone through one of these doors so let's go look, I'll get the one at the end of the hall. Venture girl, take your cat and go to the left room and The Butcher's son and Tavern Keeper's Daughter go to the room on the right. Got it?" Ark asked with confidence.

The pack agreed and all went to there seperate doors.

___________________________________________________________

Behind the left door, where Venture girl searched, was a small library of books. She set her cat on the floor and the cat immediately jumped onto a nearby table. Her eyes drift from the cat and see open books spread across another table along with old, dusty, blueprints. "Hey Cat, I think these blueprints are of the house... and there are secret passages all throughout the manor."

___________________________________________________________

Through the door at the end of the hall, Ark opens a glass door to a balcony. Ark walks out and leans his upper body over the stone railing along the edge of the balcony. "Wow." He said to himself. "We are so high up. I can see the whole roof of the manor." The wind blows thru the fur on his coat and the bristles of his hair. The moon has an orange glow, gleaming directly onto the manor. "What a beautiful Night." He whispers.

___________________________________________________________

Venture girl opens the door to the balcony in the room she is searching and walks back to the desk. "That's better, it was getting much too hot in here." A breeze turns the page of an open book on the desk. She looks at the page with deep concentration for a long second. Then she realizes the image on the page is a blueprint of the room she is in, and there is a hidden passage behind one of the walls. She walks over to the wall and peeks behind the bookshelf leaning against it, but it is too dark to see behind it. She lights a candle and searches the bookshelf. Pushing books to the side and pressing her hand against the back of the shelf she searches for a hidden button or lever. "Where are you?" She asked out loud. After a few attempts, she rapidly knocks the books off the shelf, but one large red book stays standing. As if it had been nailed to the shelf. "There you are, the oldest trick in the book." She says with a chuckle. She slowly puts her hand out reaching for the book. Her hand rests on the top of the book and she firmly grasps it. "Here we go." Said as she takes a deep breath. THUMP! CRASH! Venture girl abruptly turns her head to see her cat flung at the wall slamming onto the hard floor. A hand reaches down and grabs the cat by the neck and pulls it off the ground. They hold the cat over the edge of the balcony. "It was you all along!" She mutters angrily, as they drop the cat from the balcony and hear a thump. A tear rolls down her face while her cheeks and forehead turn blistering red. "How dare you!" she shouts. "AHHHH!" She shouts as she charges towards the person, but they quickly grab her by her shoulders and lift her as her feet dangle off the ground. Venture girl gasps and the person turns and drops her off of the balcony.