Chapter 22

Hayden's pov

I woke up on the couch.My wrist and back hurt.It was still dark outside but the sun was slowly rising.I must have fallen asleep down here when i grabbed some water and pain meds.I stood up.

'This would be a good time to find something to make an excuse about the cuts, 'Holden whined.

'We shouldn't lie, 'Hunter growled.

"'It would break our mates hearts if we told them the truth, 'Holden sighed.

'But lying would hurt them more,' Hunter growled.

'Cut it out you two, 'I snarled.

I got off the couch and walked outside and sat on the porch as i watched the sun go up.The chair i sat in was comfortable but i still felt uncomfortable.I let out a shaky sigh.

" You alright little one, "Someone asked.I turned my head to see Luna Daniel.For some reason looking at him made me break down into tears.He quickly made his way to me and hugged me tight as he cooed in my ear.I buried my face in his shirt and hugged him.

" What's wrong muffin, "He asked calmly.

" I-i didn't want to d-do it but it m-made me feel better at t-the time now im to s-scared to tell them, "I cried.My voice was a bit muffled but i know he heard me.

" Hayden baby your not saying you started again, "He said as he lifted my head up.I avoided eye contact." Baby you were clean for  a year..., "He was speechless.

" Yeah..the scars even went away, "I let out another shaky sigh.He unwrapped my wrapped hand to the the fresh deep cuts.

" Baby you didn't clean them properly now follow me, "He whined.I nodded and we both made our way to the upstairs bathroom.Tate walked out as soon as we got close to the bathroom.I quickly hid my arm but it was to late he already saw the bandage.

" What happened, "He growled.

" A-uh-branch, "I mumbled out.Daniel just had wide eyes that showed fear.I gulped.Luna was not making my emotions any better.Tate grabbed my arm quickly and ripped off the bandages.He growled and looked at me.His eyes were mixed with anger, fear, sadness, and pity.I quickly looked away.

I felt something warm and wet on my cuts which made me hiss in pain.I looked over to see Tate licking my wounds.The luna walked away giving me a wink of confidence.I mean he actually winked at me.I looked back at Tate.The rim of his eyes had tears that threatened to fall.I fell to my knees in front of him and cupped his face.He tried not to look at me but when he did, all the tears fell from his eyes.I began crying as well.I just wanted him to love me right now.I think he felt the same way because he quickly pulled me into a kiss.I kissed back.The kiss felt amazing.It made my pain leave for the moment.

" Please don't ever do it again, "He cried as he laid he forehead on mine.

" I-I, "I couldn't answer him.

" Please please please just promise me, "He cried more.

(Almost making me cry but i have no soul)

" I will try, "Was all i could answer.I knew i couldn't make a promise that i didn't even know i could keep.He took the answer anyways and lifted me up as we made our way to the bathroom.