~2~ We Make a Mistake; We Make the World Ours ~<3~

Start from the beginning

"It's that all you got?" I asked, sighing.

"That's it! Same time tomorrow!" He says before leaving.

We glanced over, to see Lucas looking for a seat. "There he is! Invite him to sit down!" Maya said, nudging Riley. Riley moved to the seat next to Maya and me.

"With words?" Riley asked, shocked. I sighed, then have Riley a pat on the back. "You're ready for this, Riles!"

"What do I say?" Riley asked, clearly confused. Maya, thinking. "Hey, Lucas. Looking for somebody special?" She suggested, grinning.

"I can't say that!" Riley replied indignantly.

"Hey, Lucas. Looking for somebody?" I suggested.

"Too forward."

"Hey, Lucas." Maya tried.

"Like we're on a first-name basis?"

I went for something simple. "Hey."

"Hey." Riley tried.

"Hey back," Lucas said as he sat down next to Riley. Riley paused.

"Hi. You're sitting here." She started awkwardly. Lucas looked worried for a second, "Is that okay?"

Riley gave him a thumbs up and smiled. "Can you excuse me for just one sec?" She asked, before turning to Maya and me, and we excitedly screamed at the same time.

Cory walked up to us, staring at Lucas. "How ya doing?" He asked casually, although he was probably exploding inside.

Riley sighed. "Dad, you have a choice here. You can either understand that this is just a boy talking to me in the cafeteria..."

"I'm gonna do whatever you say next," Cory said, causing me to grin.

"But this is so innocent!" Riley protested.

"Honey, fathers don't see anything as innocent. We see it as...what's the opposite of innocent?"

Maya and I raised our hands. "Right here!" We said in unison.

Riley looked at her dad urgently. "Please don't embarrass me."

"I'm just gonna talk to Mr. Friar about geography." He turned to Lucas. "You know, I've been to a lot of places. Never been to Texas, though. What part of Texas is the closest to Mexico?" He asked slyly.

Lucas looked at him nervously. "That'd be El Paso, sir."

I grinned. "Here comes funny," I said.

"Great! Let's go right now!" Cory exclaimed, before dragging Lucas's chair away from our table. Lucas waved to Riley, smiling, and waved back.

We left the table, and Riley casually said. "So, did you guys do the homework?

"No, I didn't do the homework." Maya shook her head, and I gave a thumbs down.

"The question on everybody's kiwi lips is, did you do the homework?" I added, grinning.

"No, I'm one of the founding members of the Homework Rebellion. You think I did my homework?" Riley said awkwardly.