Uninvited

"Where are your parents going anyway?"

I dropped into the brown leather couch, a bowl of salsa in my hands. Drew didn't hesitate to scoop some out on a chip he was holding before my ass even hit the couch.

"Hmm, business or something." He mumbled as he chewed. "New client I think. They're actually leaving tomorrow but I gotta watch Julia. My grandma can't come get her till Saturday morning." He ate another chip, some salsa collecting in the corner of his mouth. "And then, it's party time. Did Jase say anything about the keg?"

"Yeah, we're good bro." I said, a smile creeping on my face.

"Awesome!" He shoved me, the both of us laughing as we thought about where Saturday night's party could lead us.

"I'm gonna see if.." Drew started before his phone cut him off. "Hey baby girl, what's going on?"

He leaned back, draping his arm across the couch, a smirk I knew all to well across his face. It was his latest girl; I didn't bother to figure out names until they stayed for more than a month. Which never happen.

I snatched my phone off the coffee table, texting Jaelyn.

Me: hey baby love you 😘

Beautiful: love you more babe

Beautiful: what are you and drew doing?

Me: watching the football game

Beautiful: who's winning?

Me: Gaints

Beautiful: better than the Cowboys

Me: I knew I loved you.

Beautiful: just tell me I'm the best

Me: you're the best, most amazing woman to grace the planet

Beautiful: even more so because I put up with you 😉

"What's got you cheesing like a moron?" Drew's voice snapped me from my conversation with Jaelyn.

I pocketed my phone after sending her a quick text saying I'd call her later, turning my attention back to the game.

"Fuck off man." I said, my smile not fading.

"Man that girls got you so whipped."

I shook my head I wasn't denying it. I didn't care either. I had stepped outside the popular cliché stereotype that just because I was hot, popular and athletic I was a player. Alec and I both were faithful men to our ladies, Drew not so much but he also never claimed to be.

"One day, you'll find a girl and she'll knock you on your ass and you'll never see another girl but her." I told him.

He took another chip, his head shaking back and forth. "So whipped."

————————

I was sitting on the table that doubled for our desk, my feet resting on my chair as I talked to Allison, Sydney and Donny. Allison and Sydney were cheerleaders alongside Jae and Bri. Donny was on the football team with Alec.

"Drew's party is like the perfect way to end October." Sydney said.

I nodded an agreement. "Yeah especially if you guys win."

"The pirates ain't got nothin' on us." Donny smirked, our knuckles colliding.

"So Owen," Allison said, inching her way closer. "I was going to tell you I could probably get some more liquor."