02| Batman And Robin

Start from the beginning

"I got the bitch." One of them said as I continued to fight against them, but it was pointless as they were so much stronger than I was.

"Good, hold her still." A man who unlike the rest was wearing a doctor's coat. "He wants us to make sure."

"No. Let go of me!" I yelled as the two men held onto my arms. The other approached me with a device that seemed to be releasing blue sparks. I had no intentions in wanting to find out what that device would do to me, so as he approached I kicked him in the chin causing the device to fall sliding across the floor. "I said let go."

At that moment the fire alarm went off as the sprinklers around the shop began to spray water in all directions. Ignoring all the water that was making it's way into my eyes I continued to struggle against the two men's tight hold. A scream of pain from the other side of the room shifted my focus as I turned to the direction of the yell. I could only hope that it didn't come from the city's two vigilantes, they were my only hope of getting out of this situation. A situation that I couldn't understand how I was involved in.

A small pinch on my neck snapped my attention back to my attackers as I looked over at the man who was once again holding the device. I was released and my hand immediately went to the spot on my neck where the device seemed to have taken a sample of my blood or injected something into my body.

"Confirmed." The man holding the device stated as he looked down at the screen. Still holding onto my neck I expected to collapse on the floor unconscious, yet what I felt was the opposite effect as something inside of me seemed to wake. "We take her alive."

Their words didn't seem to register in my mind as whatever I felt grew stronger. I gasped as an unexplainable feeling washed over me. It wasn't pain, not exactly. The feeling almost made me feel whole and suddenly I could feel an incredible amount of power come over me. I opened my eyes seeing the lights in the entire store flicker as lightbulbs began to burst. The electricity seeming to rush rush into me, but  I couldn't be sure all I knew was that I felt that I was going to burst with all the energy that seemed to be inside of me.

Needing to feel some release from all that power I screamed. At that moment the water in the room seemed to be electrified as almost everybody in the room collapsed suddenly uncontrollably convulsing all around me. Everyone except for Batman and his partner who only to stare back at me.

However, unlike before where I felt like I had more energy than I could handle. Now I felt as if I had absolutely no energy at all, and just like my attackers I collapsed on the floor. So many thoughts were running through my mind, but the only one that made sense was that I had beed electrocuted too. That was the only reasonable explanation as suddenly I began to shake, feeling as if I was some addict that could no longer satisfy their addiction.

"I got you." I heard a voice say, but I wasn't even able to open my eyes from the pain that had taken over my body to the point where I was now uncontrollably shaking in someone's ams. "Just hold on."

"We leave her at the hospital." A deeper voice said.

"No. Did you see what she did? The wouldn't know what to do with her." The other argued as the burning pain continued to spread through my body. And although I was using every bit of my energy to stay conscious, I knew I wouldn't be able to stay awake for much longer. "And what if there are more of them out there we have to help her."

I wasn't able to finish listening to how the argument ended, as I finally let myself get consumed by the darkness.

***

I woke up with a sudden gasp, every bone in my body aching and my muscles screaming for me not to move. But I bit my lip as I slowly sat up on the medical bed, I was expecting to be laying in a hospital room. Not this place that seemed to be a cave surrounds by thousands of computers and crazy devices.