"Tae hyung—he had a friend with him way before we banded together. His name was Mathew Kim."

The name Mathew Kim rings in your head, but no visual memory of him appears

The name Mathew Kim rings in your head, but no visual memory of him appears. The sound of his name seems familiar to you, but that's all he is— a sound stored in your memory.

"They would do everything together. Stories of the things they'd do together when they were younger proved how inseparable they were. They even started the fashion business that I now co-own with Tae hyung. I don't know much about what happened to them when they were younger, but I do know that they helped each other get through the prolonged abuse. Anyway, we were in the middle of a mob war with the RedFlags and two other gangs and mobs. Tae hyung and Matt hyung were on a car chase and they were following one of Baekhyun's men when Rosalina, Baekhyun's infamous wingwoman, came from behind and rammed Matt hyung off a Cliff. Tae hyung was devastated after that and he became really cold and hot tempered, not that he wasn't before. He just became even more bitter towards the world." Jungkook paused for a moment as if conflicted on whether to keep speaking, "He lost his best friend. The one person who kept him from going insane." 

You pull in your lips and slightly nod as your eyes scan the ground beneath you.

"That's horrible, but I'm not Rosalina."

Before Jungkook can react, the phone in his pocket buzzes and he nimbly hops off the stool before walking around the corner to answer the call. You bow your head and listen intently to the conversation:

"Hello?"

...

"What's going on?

...

"What do you mean the fabric hasn't been delivered yet? We asked for it two months ago."

...

"Well, this possible mix up isn't going to sit well with Mr. Kim. We have two weeks to receive that fabric until it's too late, so I suggest you figure out a way to get it fast. I hope you understand how important this fabric is?"

...

"Good. Then make sure it's here on time."

...

"No, Mr.Kim will not be available. When did you say the meeting was?"

You hear an exasperated sigh.

...

"No, I'll be there."

...

"Alright."

Jungkook comes back to the kitchen and stands at the door way.

"Crap." He mutters to himself. You catch his mutter and look at him.

Jungkook combs a hand through his hair and brings it down to place it on his hip. You could see the obvious nervousness in his demeanor and that kept you alert.