New Job

Recap

"Its kinda funny, we have a few things in common. We both have brothers but they're dead... by murder." She forced a chuckle.

"Yeah" I whispered

But then realized- I never told her he was murdered.

"Yeah" I repeated, my voice evident of the fact I was thinking.

How did she know that he was murdered? If she knew he was murdered that means she knows who I am but I don't remember seeing her.

I asked, "How did it happen?"

"He was shot during a car chase and ended being stabbed even after the accident." She huffed out a chuckle.

"Bella!" Daniel yelled from outside my room.

"I'm sorry." I said to her before ending the call and going to meet Daniel.

"We were going to watch a movie later this evening if you are interested" he scratched the back of his neck.

"Is that why you yelled my name?"

"Sorry" he gave me a cheeky smile.

"Yeah, of course."

I sat Nathan on my lap like a baby.

"We should do your homework so you can have a lot of free time later on and tomorrow." I informed him and whined but agreed.

When he was done with his homework, we tried drawing.

"Cole, whose drawing do you like better?" Nathan asked holding up the two papers for Cole to see clearly.

"Hmm, this is a tough one. I think I like hers" he teased Nathan

"But yours is way better" Nathan cheered up and high fived Cole.

"What is that, by the way? An old tree? A hat? A painter? A fruit bowl!" He concluded.

"Okay, that wasn't even close. You are terrible. It's a serene waterfall with a flowers and trees and birds." He scrunched his face at the drawing.

When I looked at what I had drawn, that was when I finally understood why he kept looking at it...

It was horrible, like I had just dragged my pencil and drew nonsense.

"Yeah, alright. Keep telling yourself that" he tapped my shoulder and walked away.

"Hey!" I called after him.

"It's not that bad, is it?" I asked Nathan

"Its not exactly good. Let's go do something else" he changed the topic.

I dropped the pencil. While we were together, I couldn't help but think of Lexi; if she knew who I was or anything about my past.

Anyone could recognize me by now if they came close to me.

The thought of dying my hair another colour crossed my mind. That's what I'll do- dye my hair, and probably cut it and put on glasses.

That'll do and maybe change my job. I need to stop babysitting here.

I'll talk to Cole but I wonder what Chase think?

"Could you please excuse me?" I asked Nathan.

He nodded and without wasting time, I rushed to my room for privacy and dialed Chases' number

"Hey, Chase."

"Let me guess. You need advice."

"How did you know?" She asked a bit amazed at his skill.

"Well, you don't usually call me unless you needed help." He said a bit annoyed.

"That's not true" I defended and tried to think back and then I realised it-it was partly true.

"But it's not every time" I continue to defend.

"Whatever, so what's up?" He asked all serious.

"I want to quit my job and get a new one and also change my physical appearance."

"Why would you want to do that? Not that I'm opposing because I really hate your boss."

"Well, you see yesterday I went out with Cole for a dinner party as his 'fiancee' and I met a schoolmate, Amy. I hated her and it seemed like she recognized me and if I keep staying here pretending to be his fiancee, i might end up getting caught. And this new girl Lexi, i don't know her but she seems to know about my brother. She's really suspicious"

"So just leave." He simply said.

"I want to, but I feel bad for their parent and the kids, they'll get lonely and the parents won't enjoy their holiday together. They left their kids in my care because they trusted me" I sighed.

"Then, tell them it's a family problem you need to fix. Besides, this is a family situation because if peoeple find out who are, your dad would definitely get the news and you'll be really dead." He reasoned

"That is true. Alright then, I'll quit but I can't help but feel a bit selfish."

"Don't worry, you ARE being selfish but it's the only way for you to live."

"That didn't help comfort me in any way" 

"I'll go talk to Cole, ugh, but I signed a contract with him. He'll definitely bring that up."

"You'll find a way but make sure you meet him soon."

"Alright, bye."

I hung up and breathed out.

I can do this, whatever question he asks, I'll just come up with a good reason.

I confidently strolled to his house office and knocked.

"Come in."

I watched as he typed away on his laptop not even acknowledging me.

"Cole, I, uh... I need to speak with you."

"Go ahead, I'm listening." He spared me a glance before continuing on with his work.

"I want to resign." I got straight to the point.

"You do know that you signed a contract which states that you can't on any circumstance, leave without a genuine reason, right?" He reminded.

"Yes, I do know that but I do have a genuine reason. It's personal and I wouldn't want you to be involved in it-that's why, I want to resign."

"I'm sorry, but, no. Whatever it is it wouldn't be that serious unless you would want to elaborate more and tell me in details what the problem is, if I can help in any way."

"Oh, no you don't have to. I really don't want you to be involved in our family matters" I insisted getting more annoyed at him.

"Fine if you wo  n't tell me, then I'll just get straight with my answer; No. You can't leave. You may leave now." Cole gave his final decision.

I left his office without another word, I should have thought about this. There were soo many ways to make him tell me to leave but I just had to go tell him directly.

Ughhh, I pulled at my hair. I made my way to the roof to think a bit.

I need a new plan.