All for the bag

Daniel and I became a little closer than before. I would spend most of my time on the roof to think about everyone and everything.

My curiosity about that room got stronger and bigger than ever and it was about to blow up when I heard someone playing a slow, sad song on the guitar.

I just had to peek in. To take a little look. I slowly opened the door, peeking my head into the room to reveal a music room with instruments of all types.

The architecture was unbelievable. The way guitars hung on the wall, a shiny grand piano at the mid centre, the flutes were arranged according to colour in a small shelf, there were triangles, drums, base.

In a corner there were sheet notes on a stand and when I turned to the sound of the guitar, I saw Daniel sitting - back facing me- playing his slow, sad song.

I stood there understanding what he was feeling: sadness. Once he hit the last note, I finally stopping the hypnosis he had on me

"That was amazing Daniel." I complemented.

"How long have you been standing there?" his back was still facing me.

"As long as you could imagine" I shrugged. So this was his place of relaxation and thinking and mine was on top of his: the roof.

"You played a sad song, why? It sounded so depressing." I knew it was a love song that killed him inside. I saw it, the way hurt flashed through his eyes when I asked 'why?'.

I also had that feeling but mine was different from his.

"It's nothing actually" I didn't want to push him so I dropped the topic.

"You play really good" I complemented him.

"I used to love the guitar" I confessed sitting next to him.

"Used to?"

"My favorite musician stopped playing it and since then I hated it" I wasn't lying about that.

"Oh really?" I nodded my head giggling at how he said it.

"You know, a really special person gave thus to me and for that I love this guitar. If anything happens to it then I will die"

"Whoever it is must be really special" I saw him hold in to a string for dear life.

"This is my way of thinking and relaxing. Cole's way of thinking is a little different."

"How so?"

"He would either run in the rain or beat a punch bag. I know it's cold but I know when he finds the right person, he won't need that." I nodded.

I walked back to my room to pick my bag. I already promised the kids that today would be movie night which made them happy when the left for school.

I went to work as happy as ever that a waved at everyone I saw in the cab, some would wave back and some will give me a stupid look and how is that even possible? Show some positivity.

My boss was happy and that made it easier to be happy. The customers were the same; some cranky, some optimistic, some confused, some seeking some kind of advice.

"I don't know..." the man in front of me sigh.

"I just don't know if she'll like it. How do you confess that you love a woman and propose to her?" he stirred his coffee.

"Well, you can't certainly confess and propose, first of all. Secondly confess to her in a romantic way, see the signs that she likes you back then you can confess but even if you don't see any sign you go for it." I advised the young man sitting in front if me. He is among the customer who needs advice.

"I would serenade her. What do you think?" he asked.

"Yes. If you get a better idea just...Go for it." we said simultaneously and I smiled standing from my seat.

"Thank you for choosing Blossom" I smiled once more before leaving

"It really was the right choice" I heard him mutter to himself.

It was ten minutes to five o'clock and I had to be on my way before crank master Cole becomes spiteful master arrogant, in human and stupid.

Just when I was about to walk out of the restaurant, I saw something that attracted me, that made me stop down to my knees begging for just a touch.

The most beautiful, amazing, lovely bag pack I've ever seen but I didn't have enough money with me and I need it now!
Just then my boss came at the perfect time.

"I need you to work extra late today, I'll pay you double since you made our customers happy" without hesitation, I answered,

"Yes, sir" but what about Cole? He threatened me.

"He's just bluffing" I assured myself.

"Sir, what time do they usually close that shop?" I pointed at the bag bit the shop really.

"Probably ten o'clock"

"I'll do it." I walked across the street to the shop to purchase it and told them I would pay in the next five hours.

I worked extra hard and it came the time when we closed the restaurant. It was 9:37p.m.

"Here, you earned it" my boss gave me the money and I counted it and noticed extra.

"Sir, you..." he cut me off

"You earned it. Take it, it's a raise for being optimistic." he said and I smiled not even trying to argue with him.

After buying my brand new bag, I decided to walk down the street to show it off a bit before stopping a cab. 

I walked down the streets showing off my bag when I felt a rough tug on my hand. I tried to wiggle myself away but to no avail. The grip was too tight that I couldn't fight.

I was pulled to an empty ally where they let go of my arm. Two men towered over me with hard glares. I don't know who I offended so what do they want?

"I'm gonna teach you a lesson, no one will ever want you" he started to unbuckle his belt and undo his zip and I did the first thing that came to my mind; hit him where the sun doesn't shine. 

I got on my feet quickly putting on my back as one of the men were grunting in pain, I hopped on the second one's back and hit his face hard several times until I felt blood trickle down his mouth.

The other guy was feeling a bit relieved as he walked up to me, I used my leg which he held and flung me till my head hit something metal. I felt dizzy at first but regained my consciousness when I felt a strong blow across my face.

I hit the same guy where the sun doesn't shine again causing him to grunt in more pain.

While looking for what to do next, I saw a metal rod laying on the floor and picked it up, hitting them at the side of their knees before running away with all the strength I had.

I knew they won't be badly injured but that would leave a bad bruise on their leg.

Once I noticed I was a safe distance from them, I walked quietly feeling the presence of someone but ignored it.