Chandler Bing x reader | The one with the winter incident

❝ You could've yelled that that was your life and it would've been true

❝ You could've yelled that that was your life and it would've been true. Those brief seconds of complete forgetting, with only one thought drumming inside your ears and pulsing in your blood: that's what it feels like to be alive. ❞

In which your friend group (Joey, Phoebe, Rachel, Ross, Monica and Chandler) decided to rent a chalet to celebrate Christmas together in the countryside, but first you need to get there safe and sound.  )

Music: Happy New Year, ABBA

"Guys, I'm not going to make it."

A yawn followed Joey's sentence, the young man's head wearily pressed against the car's windowpane while he was internally battling to keep his eyes open.

"Don't worry sleeping beauty, I'll blow you a kiss when we reach" Chandler scoffed, but you guys knew his sarcasm wasn't meant to be offensive. You couldn't resist laughing at his remark.

"I'll prefer a kiss from Y/n," the ravenette mumbled, opening an eye to meet your gaze in the rear-view mirror. "How you doin' ?" he gave you his best, drowsy Joey grin which you chased away with a chuckle.

"I'd be better if you weren't how you doin' me."

"Whatever, goodnight" The actor disappointedly shook his head, curling up in the corner of the backseat. "Someday, you'll regret having missed the opportunity to kiss Joey Tribbiani."

"Oh, we're crying already" Chandler responded dramatically, then smiled at you.

You two shared a complex relationship. If your other friends were around, you'd always interact with each other, your complicity being undeniable. Nonetheless as soon as you found yourselves being alone in a room, some kind of internal shyness would prevent you from acting like two normal friends.

The truth was, both of you were falling for the other but had no idea that it was happening on both sides. Chandler had told Joey though, and so had you a few weeks later, but the Italian actor hadn't had the opportunity to tell either of you what was going on yet. That was where you had left things.

Not even five minutes later, Joey fell asleep, quietly snorting from time to time as the car moved slowly on the snowy road. You had to drive very carefully — the asphalt being particularly slippery on this winter evening — so the vehicle's throbbing was rather calming, even entrancing. Its lullaby had appeared to be rather effective on the ravenette.