Monday... Funday?

I woke up to the first alarm set on my phone, definitely due to my excitement and nerves. (I set about 8 because, normally, I enjoy sleep a little too much)

Since I hadn’t been given much of a dress code I figured I would dress professionally for the first day and then gage what I should wear after that. 

Hm.. Black pencil skirt and a cute turquoise blouse with black pumps and a gold necklace. Done and done. 

I grabbed my bag, a bagel and an apple and I was on my way out the door. 

Lucky for me, the office was just a few stations away on the tube, and I got there with only a little bit of confusion on my part. This whole subway… Erhm, I mean tube thing was a bit complicated. 

I exited onto the street and for the first time it really hit me. I was away from home in a foreign place and I was starting over. It was refreshing and somehow very, VERY scary. 

I opened the doors to Modest!’s building and at the front desk I gave my information and was told to wait. Wow. This was pretty shnazzy. (yes, it’s a word. in my vocabulary anyway).

Finally the woman at the desk let me know I could take the elevator up to the fourth floor and to enter the second door on the right. Great. Okay.

As I enter the elevator I was pretty nervous, but my phone interrupted my thoughts as it went off. I scrambled looking through my bag trying to find it. DING. 

The elevator reminded me that I needed to get my crap together because I was already on the fourth floor. 

I exited, but continued to search my bag. Nothing. Crap. Where did I put my phone. It was like a damn Mary Poppins bag. I was more likely to find a pair of panty hose or food than find my phone. I’ll have to deal with it later. 

I entered the office and this was just as nice if not nicer than the offices on the floor level. I gave my name, again, and was lead through a hall into a small office and was told to go ahead and get settled in, that someone would be with me shortly. 

A whole office for me? Okay. I felt pretty grown up. 

I set up my stuff, which was not much and planned on waiting patiently, but my bladder had other plans. I had no clue where the bathroom was, but I needed to gooooo.

As I exited my office a woman passing by answered my question quickly as she scurried off. Wow, was that going to be me? All nervous and running everywhere? Maybe heels weren’t a good idea…..

I followed her instructions and though I could swear I remembered what she said I somehow got lost. This floor looked like a maze. 

I opened a door to my left, since none of these had a bathroom sign on it, and found myself facing five people throwing things and laughing loudly. All of a sudden they all stopped and stared my way. I was no “Directioner”, but I also knew I had just walked in on five of the most popular guys in the world….. 

HOLY CRAP.

Being me, I awkwardly mumbled something about the bathroom and ran out of the room as quickly as possible. 

FINALLY, I found the bathroom and headed back to my office where I waited patiently. My cheeks were still burning red at my stupid mistake..

-Niall’s POV-

"Oy Louis! Throw that vase over here, let’s see how many time we can throw it back and forth before we drop it, yeah?"

We were about to toss it as the door opened abruptly. 

A cute girl looking very confused poked her head in. She looked as though her eyes would pop out of her head at any moment. She mumbled something, I think about the bathroom, and disappeared. 

We all looked at each other, laughed and continued on with the “toss the vase till it breaks” game. 

-Ava’s POV-

Finally, someone came in. Shockingly enough, the same woman who had told me where the bathroom was. She explained to me that today I would be training and just learned simple things on the computer regarding tracking the level of Twitter traffic the boys were getting, how many retweets and how many trends a day the band was getting and what they were. Didn’t seem complicated, just tedious. 

A couple hours later, I decided to take my lunch and checked in with Mildred, the nervous woman had finally introduced herself. She told me I had an hour for lunch and should be back promptly. Done and done.

I made my way down the hall looking at my phone messages and bumped into someone. “Oh my God, I’m so sorry!” I said immediately, and as I looked up I must have had the same stupid look on my face as when I barged into the wrong office before. 

A blond boy, Niall I think? And Harry (yeah, I was well aware at this point who he was), looked up at me and smiled. 

“You should watch where you’re going love!” Niall said in a ridiculously adorable Irish accent. 

“I’m so sorry! I’m new and have been having a difficult time figuring out my way around here. Obviously.” I chuckled and the boys laughed along with me.

“Well no worries, we’ll make sure you get out of here alive!” joked Harry. His voice was shockingly mature sounding for the boy who stood in front of me. I mean don’t get me wrong, he looked like a man with his tats and whatnot, but the cute smile and dimples seemed to contradict the husky voice that escaped his mouth. It was kind of hot. 

As we walked they asked about me, apparently it was really evident I wasn’t from here thanks to my American accent. I explained that I had just moved from California and was just trying to travel a bit and broaden my horizons.

No point in explaining why I was really leaving, too much drama for a light conversation like this. 

The boys walked me out of the exit on the ground floor and I thanked them for helping me out. 

“We’ll see you around Ava! But next time try to say hi instead of walking into us.” Niall laughed as he said this and I turned a bit red. I was, very obviously, a bit clumsy. 

“Definitely! Have a good day!” I replied with a smile, till I looked at Harry and he looked me into the eyes. My smile dropped and I immediately turned and walked to the closest deli. What was it with his stare? It felt invasive. Like he could read my mind. Whatever. 

Hopefully I would see them again, if only to give Niall my sisters embarrassing letter explaining her love and devotion to him. And, secretly, I wanted to see Harry and his long curls too.

But I wouldn’t admit that to anyone.

He’s cute, but I’m here for work and to invest time in myself.

To work on myself.

To focus on me.

And only me....

But should he be around, I think myself wouldn’t mind some eye candy……

That’s all…….

*Hey readers! If you could comment your thoughts and suggestions I would love it! I'm new to writing fanfics and would love any feedback. Thanks and I hope you're enjoying this book!  :)