Seven.

Now

I could hear the dull mute of the television as the door of my apartment slammed shut. "Shit. Shoot. Fuck." I heard Noah before I heard about five things fall onto the floor and then saw the light flicker on then off again before he hit the ground.

I shot up from my place on the couch and quickly assessed the situation, deciding whether or not I should be laughing. The sun was peeking in through the curtains so there was enough light on him to see that he had tripped over a pair of my shoes and all of his hockey gear went down with him.

"Dammit, Aspen. I told you not to leave those there."

I scooted down the couch and leaned my arms on the side, looking across the room to him on the ground. "How's the weather down there?" I smirked playfully, resting my chins on my hands.

He rolled his eyes but seemed amused, much to my surprise. He was not usually in a good mood after losing a game so I was glad to see the smallest hint of a smile on his face so early in the morning after a tough loss.

He started to stand up, throwing his bags off his shoulders and pushing himself off the floor with the help of the table nearby. I watched him shuffle all of his stuff around, untucking his dress shirt from his pants and loosening his tie.

He kicked around my shoes and pouted a little bit, disappearing into the bedroom for a few seconds to put his jacket and other belongings away. I stayed where I was, just observing quietly until he decided to acknowledge my existence.

When he walked back out, he was shirtless and had a sweatshirt in his hands.

"Why are you sleeping on the couch?" He finally noticed the blanket draped over me and the television on. He sat down next to me, pulling his sweatshirt over his head. I turned my body towards him. He grabbed my legs and rested them over his. I leaned over a planted a kiss on his lips.

"Fell asleep watching your game." I sat back. I frowned. "Tough loss." He nodded but said nothing else. He grabbed the remote from the coffee table and turned off the television. That was my cue to shut my mouth on the subject. "Not that I don't enjoy seeing your handsome face this morning but why are you so early?"

Usually when they traveled and had a late game, they would fly back the next day instead of having a late-night flight. He would usually get back early afternoon or mid-day, not before the crack of dawn.

He shrugged. "Took a jet home so I could be here with you." I almost laughed because of how non-cholent he tried to sound. "Knew it would be a tough day." For a few minutes, I actually forgot what today was. I swallowed. "Have you heard anything yet?" He searched my face for an answer.

"Definitely haven't heard a coffee pot brewing anything." I smiled playfully. "If that is what you mean."

"Definitely not what I meant but is that a hint?" He raised a brow. "I just got comfortable, Aspen."

I pressed my toes against him. "Just a little sugar." I smiled and he just rolled his eyes.

He hesitated but started to move anyway, "I know how you like it." He groaned as he shoved my feet off of him and stood up, throwing the blanket over me as I giggled. "Is Cassandra going to call you?" He asked over his shoulder as he headed towards the kitchen.

I scooted down on the couch and watched him as he worked. He kept looking back at me, waiting for an answer. He stopped what he was doing when he caught me staring. "Just admiring the view."

"Are you going to answer my question?" He asked, grabbing for the coffee pot that was on the counter to fill up with water.

"Is it okay if we don't talk about it?" I said, hoping my wish not to discuss the topic would not start an argument.